HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back home and started cleaning the "storage" oil off of my guns when I realized something. The HK45 fits me the best out of all of my pistols period. When I point it the sights are perfect and it just handles the best for me. What does this mean?

Well.....I think I would be better served buying a few copies of the HK45. Having two or three of them will be more beneficial than having a truck load of different guns. How does everyone feel about this Idea?

P.S. I am not getting rid of my USP because it fits me just as well I just have to adjust my grip slightly. And I am still going to get an HK45c.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I think that is a perfectly logical idea. Maybe get a P2000 for similar feel in a caliber that is a little cheaper to shoot more.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
It is very good idea. However for 9mm use I would reccomend P30/P30L - "feels" more like HK45. P2000 is good counterpart to HK45C.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Id say it makes perfect sense, I switched my usp mags to mark 23 mags for some standardization. Not the same thing I realize but having a couple of the same guns isnt that strange. Lots of people have multiple 1911s for that reason.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I just got back home and started cleaning the "storage" oil off of my guns when I realized something. The HK45 fits me the best out of all of my pistols period. When I point it the sights are perfect and it just handles the best for me. What does this mean?

Well.....I think I would be better served buying a few copies of the HK45. Having two or three of them will be more beneficial than having a truck load of different guns. How does everyone feel about this Idea?

P.S. I am not getting rid of my USP because it fits me just as well I just have to adjust my grip slightly. And I am still going to get an HK45c.
1st off welcome back and thanks for your service. I hope that means we'll soon see some new videos. Now that you have settled on the HK-45 it would make sense to have duplicate gun. I say sell them ASAP.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Funny. Years ago I had one of everything of moderate to high quality. One day I realized that after I bought my first HK and then my second, I had pretty much abandoned the rest. I opened my safe and looked at the shelves full of handguns that I no longer liked and others that would certainly just sit in the safe forever unused. I began selling them all off. Now I just have HKs and 15-ish pistols of particular interest to me. I'm worried should I ever buy an HK rifle...

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have been through approx. 25-30 Hk firearms since 1994. I started off with my first which was a USP9F w/ UTL, night sights and USP Benchmade knife all for $650 NIB. I bought and sold and as last year, before my employment issue, I had approx. 6-7 Hks. Now I started all over again with my recent purchase, Hk45CT.

Go for it, life is too short so buy what you want. Happiness is everything, especially Hk.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I had the same realization so I sold my USPC and got a USPF to replace it. The only thing not standard between mine are variations on the top end. 2 is 1, 1 is none right?

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1st off welcome back and thanks for your service. I hope that means we'll soon see some new videos. Now that you have settled on the HK-45 it would make sense to have duplicate gun. I say sell them ASAP.
Thanks for the support and I have some more things coming up in HD so I will start that asap.

I think I will ditch the 1911 and keep the G19 just because it is already bought and paid for. I can also use it to teach people how to shoot I think.

And I think for 9mm I will stick with the P30/L, it is pretty much the same pistol. And I think I will shrink my collection to probably 2-3 HK45's (2 V1's and one LEM), an HK45c or two, A few P30's, and my USP45. I will probably pick up some nice pieces here and there, but overall I think I am going to change gears with my pistols.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think I will ever get rid of my USP 45 ever in my life. It is the pistol I have the most rounds through, and I shoot it just as well as the HK45. But the HK45 just fits me better and the gun I am next to, or with the most.

That being said though, my USP 45 is my Oh Sh*t gun.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I understand where your coming from Navyman. I recently just gave one of my HK45 to my father for his 60th birthday, just because I had the same epiphany. I now realize that the HK45C that I carry day end and day out just fits me better. It fills my hand, I shoot better with it over all and I just appreciate it more. So if you ever get 2 of the 45C, I will do a straight trade for one of my other HK45 Fulls. I think my night stand one has exactly 100 rounds through it. Either way, good choice and enjoy them all!

Kravur

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
"Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it"

Now I would never own only one gun because in war/firearms 1 is none and two is 1.

But I would never hesitate to one several of the same firearm in the same caliber which is kind of like owning one gun. If it's a gun that you love and your accurate with and can shoot all day with then I would recommend owning 3... Keep one for home defense. Fire 500 rounds without cleaning it to verify reliability then keep it in the nightstand. Keep another for concealed carry. Again fire 500 rounds for reliability then keep it on your side. Finally buy a 3rd as a range gun and practice practice practice! This way you can get proficient with this firearm without decreasing the service life of the two that you depend on! Even though HK's last A LOOOONNNNGGG TIME.

Just my .02 and my little preferred method

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it"

Now I would never own only one gun because in war/firearms 1 is none and two is 1.

But I would never hesitate to one several of the same firearm in the same caliber which is kind of like owning one gun. If it's a gun that you love and your accurate with and can shoot all day with then I would recommend owning 3... Keep one for home defense. Fire 500 rounds without cleaning it to verify reliability then keep it in the nightstand. Keep another for concealed carry. Again fire 500 rounds for reliability then keep it on your side. Finally buy a 3rd as a range gun and practice practice practice! This way you can get proficient with this firearm without decreasing the service life of the two that you depend on! Even though HK's last A LOOOONNNNGGG TIME.

Just my .02 and my little preferred method
I agree.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I understand where your coming from Navyman. I recently just gave one of my HK45 to my father for his 60th birthday, just because I had the same epiphany. I now realize that the HK45C that I carry day end and day out just fits me better. It fills my hand, I shoot better with it over all and I just appreciate it more. So if you ever get 2 of the 45C, I will do a straight trade for one of my other HK45 Fulls. I think my night stand one has exactly 100 rounds through it. Either way, good choice and enjoy them all!

Kravur
I might take you up on that. I will let you know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts