HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of noon today I am the proud owner of a brand new H&K P30. Just wanted to introduce myself, say hello to everyone. I'm 22 years old, it's the first firearm I've owned but probably won't be the last, as it seems H&K's give some kind of disease...

Any recommendations on cleaning materials/brands or ammunition before I take her to the range?

Thanks,
Dust

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome! Nice choice for a first HK. I would suggest you clean the gun FIRST before heading to the range. HK heavily oils and greases the guns before they are sent to distributors, so you would want to do that. American Eagle, Fiocchi, Winchester White Box, Remington UMC are all good practice ammos. Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure you'll find that once you get one H&K, you soon develop a desire to have more. Nice choice on the P30.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on one of the best firearms available. Any of the major brands of ammo are great for range use. As for cleaning I use Weapon Shield CLP as it works great. You can always do a search to find out alot more info.

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome to the family, and you are correct about getting the hk "bug" after you get your first one you will have to have another one. have fun.
-Jason G

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on your purchase. I remember when the bug first bit me and it still biting every time I hit the gun show's LOL. As far as rounds go over time and experience you will find out what works for you and eventually find a favorite to enjoy at the range.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
As of noon today I am the proud owner of a brand new H&K P30. Just wanted to introduce myself, say hello to everyone. I'm 22 years old, it's the first firearm I've owned but probably won't be the last, as it seems H&K's give some kind of disease...

Any recommendations on cleaning materials/brands or ammunition before I take her to the range?

Thanks,
Dust
Welcome to the Forums. Congrats on your new P30. How much did you pay for youe new P30?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello from Ireland.

I was introduced to a HK P2000 in 9mm a year ago, when the general ban on pistols and revolvers was lifted here in Ireland.

I got the bug too! I was introduced to practical shooting, and went on a search for a suitable firearm. Having put almost 5000 through the P2000 with only three failures (all due to ammunition), I have just got a permit for a USP Expert .40.

My decision was based on the reliability of the P2000, and the number of blockages, jams etc I have seen on other pistols. I am really looking forward to giving the Expert a run on the range.

Good luck with your H&K.

Tomans.
www.garda.ie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paid a little too much for it I think, $999 before tax and all. Went with my mind set on getting a USPc 9mm, stainless if I could find one, but they were sold out of all USPc's. I could have ordered one, but decided to look around a bit, and the first one they put in my hands was the P30. I fell in love immediately. Every other gun I held after that felt like a 2x4. Ended up spending about $300 more than I had planned so I'll be eating ramen for a little while, but I'm definitely happier with my P30 than I would have been with a USPc...even a beautiful SS.

There was another guy in there when who impulsed a new HK45...made me feel a little better, at least I wasn't the only one...

Dust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Put 100 rounds through today, zero malfunctions. I've only shot a few different kinds of pistols, but it's the smoothest most comfortable one I've shot by far. Planning on heading back out again later this week for a more lengthy session.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome to the PRO. I like the Speer Gold Dot, and Winchester Ranger +P+ for defense out of my 9mm. Practice, I get what I can find, usually the 100 pack at Wal-Mart of Winchester FMJ. Cleaning, I'd grab a bore snake, they cut the work down to nil. Solvents, I like the spritz cleaners like Hoppe's Elite, Mpro7 and Milcomm 25. Lube, for the most part my mainstay has been BreakFree CLP or the heavier LP formula when I can find it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome. You couldn't have chosen a better first gun - enjoy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts