HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back to HK after a very long time of fooling with just about everything else out there. I wanted the best 9mm I could afford, so I went with the proven full size USP in 9x19.

I should pick her up next week when it arrives (dealer had to order it). Looking forward to it. For those who have the USP 9...how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I'd also own the USP first.

·
Registered
294 Posts
USP9F is just fine. I have several and like each one. The P30 is okay too, but all in all, it's basically a USP with just a few more little odds and in's that just don't account for the high price tag that it comes with right now. The P30 will be okay probably in a few years once the "new price" comes down a little.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally Posted by jar9946 View Post
True, but I just liked the USP better. I looked at both and it was indeed a tough call.
+1 on the USP

Should've gone with the P30. The USP is old news.
Not knowing too much about the P30, Can it be carried in condition 1 (cocked & locked) mode?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been a proud USP9 owner for 5 years or so. It's the pistol I sleep next to most often! Love it! I think you will too. It's a bit large for carry but it's size makes the 9mm seem like a gentle handshake.

I love this pistol! Mine is also a 93 date code. Took my CCW test with it, a buddy of mine was shooting an xd9, he kept missing the target, loaned him my USP and he passed immediately.

Seriously, the USP is NOT old news. 1911, CZ75, Browning HP, P7, all great pistols. The USP rules as well.

To another poster, NO, you can't carry the P30 in condition 1. Just DA/SA with a decock.

One more reason I LOVE the USP.

·
Registered
80 Posts
To another poster, NO, you can't carry the P30 in condition 1. Just DA/SA with a decock.
One more reason I LOVE the USP.
Thats what I thought, gotta love the USP :)
Thanks

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The USP 9mm is a great gun and was my first HK (the gun that started the addiction :D). It is very accurate and has little recoil and most importantly is dead reliable,eating anything you feed it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only thing better than a USPf is a USPc. Congrats.

P.S. My next gun is a USP45c. I am not a big fan of the new HK45 or P30.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The USP will never be old news...thats about the same as calling the 69 camaro old news...

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Welcome Home!

Great choice on the USP, its a world class pistol, no matter what its being compared to...period.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts