HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and looked at it and I was floored!
It looks like it's never been shot.. Absolutely the mintiest used pistol I've ever seen. The guy in the shop said he thinks the owner bought it, cleaned and lubed it, and put it in his safe.

Had the box, manual, lock, 2 mags, cable lock, and fired shell casing.

Date code is AK.

Now I have to wait to do my paperwork and wait another 8 days to pick it up...

By the way. That USP45 sings to my hand.. Fantastic fit/feel.

Ordering the match trigger kit tonight. I'm going the kit route so that I'll still have all original parts later.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Congrats! The match trigger is great... but myself, I prefer LEM. I did a match/hybrid LEM on my USPT45 and its great. But in reality when adding the LEM parts, you only really keep the match trigger with over travel screw. So If I did a new one w/o match, I would simply go LEM and add just the trigger itself since the other parts of the match kit do not get used.
LEM is a preference, but a SA like pull all the time with long pre-travel. Those who do not like it tend to be ones that pull or jerk triggers. However, DA/SA does have its purposes and reasons. If keeping it DA/SA, the Match kit is the way to go IMO.
Personally, I call HK CS direct for parts when I can to save the funds for other things. GMP Parts is my secondary source. Shop for your best prices. Some sites are way up there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait until you shoot it. Great pistol even with the stock trigger.
Texas,

Yes, I follow you. I plan on putting 100 rounds through it and measuring the DA/SA pulls on my gauge before I get the kit put in. It's a better thing to have the "personal" knowledge of the comparison is the drift I'm getting.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Congrats on your new USP 45! Got quite a few in different configs...all are so amazing/soft shooting/accurate! Youre going to love this legendary pistol! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts