HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a German made and the date collected code on the envelope is 1/9/08. Makes me wonder if the shopped played around with it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
that's weird. I don't have scratches on my new mags after 1200+ rounds. ... i don't think I do... certainly not like that....

just checked.. no.. no scratches really at all. maybe very very faint wear..
What do you propose to do? Get new ones? Or call the gun shop?

Note: mine are USP mags.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll strip it apart and inspect it later. The shop told me they received it on January 2011 and was on display ever since. I was gonna get the one they had in the back room but thought it would be cool to get the German made vs USA made. I'll wait another 2 weeks until I pick up my HK45ct and see how it is.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good idea.. and +1 for getting the German made.. I know people say they are the same quality, etc. But I'd prefer the German made. Even if there is no difference, the proof marks are cooler. You're on a bender. HK45 ... and right after the 45ct! man. good for you!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's weird. I don't have scratches on my new mags after 1200+ rounds. ... i don't think I do... certainly not like that....

just checked.. no.. no scratches really at all. maybe very very faint wear..
What do you propose to do? Get new ones? Or call the gun shop?

Note: mine are USP mags.
Hmmm, I was actually gonna let it go but after your post got me thinking what I should do. The shop states its new, I had inspect the gun but only noticed the mags when I got home. It does states made in Germany on the mags. What do you guys suggest me to do? Let it go or call HK? I don't want to sound like a cry baby to the gun shop because the are the only LE gun shop on island and I was thinking of getting the Sig P226 MK25 for $810 from them, I don't want them to hassle me if I do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea.. and +1 for getting the German made.. I know people say they are the same quality, etc. But I'd prefer the German made. Even if there is no difference, the proof marks are cooler. You're on a bender. HK45 ... and right after the 45ct! man. good for you!
Thanks man, how does a sig p226 MK25 sound after 2 HK?

·
Registered
783 Posts
You know what.. If the mags work, then i wouldn't stress about a little wear like that. You're going to end up getting more mags anyway right? Always good to have some extras for the range and for backup.

That's funny you ask about the Mk25.. a few people have asked about it and one person bought one. I've never owned a Sig. And I really don't know how different it is to the 226... or the old 226 navy model other than the metal treatment and anchor (like the 226 navy). If you like it, by all means get it and let us know what you think.

For reference here are 2 pics of mine. not great pics, but very little wear. On yours though, it looks like there are some scratches from something other than ammo. But as long as they feed and work properly, don't worry. That's the most minor problem you could have. I wouldn't even really call it a problem... but I get wanting everything to be sparkling new!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I was thinking, and I 'm sure someone who owns an HK45 or P30 perhaps could shed some light on this.. but the polymer could be different on those mags vs the USP mags ??? more prone to wear?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Your mags look fine, it looks like there were a few rounds run through them. I also think the light in the photo is reflecting off the wear on the followers. HK has nothing to do with the mags, as they cannot control what happens after it leaves the warehouse. That's between you and the party you bought from.

Too many variables to guess, perhaps someone borrowed the mags for a range session...who knows. How's it function?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know what.. If the mags work, then i wouldn't stress about a little wear like that. You're going to end up getting more mags anyway right? Always good to have some extras for the range and for backup.

That's funny you ask about the Mk25.. a few people have asked about it and one person bought one. I've never owned a Sig. And I really don't know how different it is to the 226... or the old 226 navy model other than the metal treatment and anchor (like the 226 navy). If you like it, by all means get it and let us know what you think.

For reference here are 2 pics of mine. not great pics, but very little wear. On yours though, it looks like there are some scratches from something other than ammo. But as long as they feed and work properly, don't worry. That's the most minor problem you could have. I wouldn't even really call it a problem... but I get wanting everything to be sparkling new!

Thanks, I wanted to see if it's true on what people are saying about the QC on the newer US made sigs.

Your mags look fine, it looks like there were a few rounds run through them. I also think the light in the photo is reflecting off the wear on the followers. HK has nothing to do with the mags, as they cannot control what happens after it leaves the warehouse. That's between you and the party you bought from.

Too many variables to guess, perhaps someone borrowed the mags for a range session...who knows. How's it function?
Thanks, as long as the mags function how it should and if the gun doesn't look like it was used its all good. I'll snap some pictures after. Don't like taking out my guns when my kids are around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My XD mags all look like that... After 8,000 rounds (combined)... As has been beaten to death already, it shouldn't affect functionality. If anything, it should inspire you to shoot the ever living (you figure it out) out of it.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
My first thought was... did it look like your gun was fired? Maybe the shop tried it out for a while. Second thought was maybe they swapped out the mags and substituted well used mags. Third thought was IF they used the gun a bit, maybe they inadvertently put some well used mags back with the gun.

The point is... how well do you know your gun shop?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My XD mags all look like that... After 8,000 rounds (combined)... As has been beaten to death already, it shouldn't affect functionality. If anything, it should inspire you to shoot the ever living (you figure it out) out of it.
These mags were sold brand new with the gun but there are gouges on the mags. Makes me just wonder about the shop or if it's normal from HK.

My first thought was... did it look like your gun was fired? Maybe the shop tried it out for a while. Second thought was maybe they swapped out the mags and substituted well used mags. Third thought was IF they used the gun a bit, maybe they inadvertently put some well used mags back with the gun.

The point is... how well do you know your gun shop?
They have a good rep from what I hear from people who buys from them, they are also the only Law Enforcement supplier. But online I hear some minor complaint like they only cater to cops and that has nothing to do with their products.

On the other hand I hear what another shop does is sell his pistol brand new with only one mag even tho it comes with 2 or 3 mags.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I called Hk about a year ago, I had run into a similar situation. Hk stated that they do not use the mags that are sent with the gun to do the test fire.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
783 Posts
it is not normal at all to have worn out mags when you buy a new HK. but, like we said before, if they work it's not worth the stress.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called Hk about a year ago, I had run into a similar situation. Hk stated that they do not use the mags that are sent with the gun to do the test fire.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, I tried calling and I was told they are in a meeting all day so I will email them pictures.

it is not normal at all to have worn out mags when you buy a new HK. but, like we said before, if they work it's not worth the stress.
I know what you mean, buying brand new guns with a pair of $50 each mags makes me wonder...

But here is a picture of the pistol I took 2 weeks ago when I paid for it

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/darkknight478/391aa67a.jpg

1 - 20 of 35 Posts