HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went ahead and put a V-93 on layaway, figured I'd cover it over two pay checks. I had considered a C93 but didn't want to take a chance on it since they are $700 plus tax and $25 fee in my home town, it would be just under $800 OTD, figured I'd rather spend $1100 for the Vector.

I just missed out on a nice build here in Cali by a reputable builder for $900, I would have preferred getting it.

I also spoke yo Ghillebear about a C93 that I know about locally that the guy is selling because it has issues, I may try to get it at a good price knowing it's going to need to be reworked.

Ghillebear was saying some Vectors have issues as well, so wish me luck with the V-93.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good luck! I have a 3 year old V53 that shoots like a dream,and a brand new 53K that is probably going back to Vector because it barely shoots at all.:41:

·
Banned
13 Posts
I think you'll be happy with the Vector. I used to have one and I really liked it. I haven't shot a C93 but like anything from Century you never know. Good luck and you'll have it before you know it. ;)

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
OK... luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't been so fortunate with mine. I bought it back in October 2011. First, it would fail to eject constantly. I had a phone conversation with Vector, and they suggested I use steel cased ammo. That did the trick until I started pulling the trigger and the rounds weren't firing. The firing pin doesn't seem to be hitting the round's primer, as there are no marks on the primer after I manually eject the round (I later put those rounds back into a magazine and fired them successfully). Come to think of it, that may have been happening before the steel casing suggestion as well. Either way, I'm due for another phone call with Vector tomorrow.

When the thing works right, it is super sweet. It's very accurate and comfortable to hold.

I hope you have great luck with yours! It really is an awesome gun.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Mine came with a G3 ejector lever and funky furniture. Vector replaced them and been running fine ever since.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got mine back from Vector. They hooked me up with a new grip housing. It was loose and shifting horizontally far enough back that it was striking the firing pin lightly or not at all. They even gave me a Navy style lower as a replacement. I requested that since I am left handed. I really like their customer service.

·
Registered
536 Posts
vector uses mke receivers correct?
I think they "did" use them in the past. Jeff looked at my 53 this past weekend at the shoot and called it a MKE receiver. I have a newer 93 from them that I bought last summer that does not appear to be the same MKE receiver.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
FYI, they use PTR-91 receivers now. If you're wondering why I'm bumping an old thread, I was searching to see if they cycle steel case reliably since .308 costs a fortune nowadays.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
PTR does not make a 93 receiver. .308 only. Vector did use MKE receivers but those have been exhausted. The receivers are now SW that were made to Vector's specs until TB started sending them not as they requested so they cancelled the contract. On the new vectors some are excellent some apparently not so much.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Sorry, I was thinking 91 receivers. Teach me to pay attention :-o
Yes, and they use the 91 receivers for the 32s as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts