HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Some of you might remember the post that I made a while back asking about your opinions on the compact versus full-size USP. Well, I decided to go with the USP compact in .45 and I have one on layaway until next month. I'm pretty excited and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to any accessories I should pick up (other than an extra mag, took care of that already) or if there's anything I should do the first time I take her to the range. I'm picking it up second hand, but it only had about 200 rounds through it and it's an AG date code so I feel pretty confident that I'll have a great sidearm for quite some time.

·
Registered
498 Posts
holster for the gun, holster for the extra mags, belt to hang them on, basic cleaning kit, eye and ear protection. Oh, yea, and a car load of ammo ::smiles his jolly smile::

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If you want to add a rail for flashlights and lasers, i suggest the GG&G rail.

And a boat load of ammo! You might wanna trying picking up $20-$40 bucks worth of ammo a week before you pick up your gun. That way, when you pick it up, you'll have plenty of ammo to hit the range with.

Good luck.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Sounds like you made a great choice on a pistol congrats. As far as extra goodies go it depends on what you will be using it for.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Comp-tac kydex (ghurka, infidel, c-tac, m-tac, fed paddle, and mag holders - can't go wrong!), wilderness products 5-stitch belt for the weight, a couple of the new HK45 Compact Extended mags that fit the USP Compact .45 so well, an LEM trigger (if you like), and some Meprolight night sights! Although, just having the USP Compact is the best feeling - you can accumulate extra gear later! Have fun!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like mine. I had it sent back to Hk for a conversion though. I had the "spurred hammer" installed and all my mags have the extended floorplates attatched. (I did keep a couple of flat floorplates just for the heck of it) Mine was a variant 1.

It will turn this beast into one tame girl with all this installed. Makes it sort of like a "compact/fullsize" handgun. When I get anymore compact models, I'll do the same with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts