HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as my first post, I'm looking to buy an HK45 with Trijicon Bright and Tough night sights (part HK10 according to Trijicon.) All the reviews of the local gun stores are brutal. I've been to Maxon, and though the staff is helpful, quoted price is high. Anyone have a store they love or any good experiences? I'd be willing to buy this elsewhere and have it FFL, but need to be confident in the store. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
215 Posts
GAT guns in Dundee has a wider variety of HK pistols, but they won't be cheaper than Maxon's. You may find what you're looking for out there...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I found mine on Gunbroker for $800 and it was like new. I just had it shipped to my FFL (LINK)and he does the transfer for $25. Deals are out there if you keep your eyes open and jump on them right away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wound up getting a new HK45 at 1st Class Firearms up in Zion. A hike from Chicago, but well worth it for the amazing customer service. Honestly, after going to 4 or 5 different shops within 50 miles of the city, these guys were the quickest to respond, gave me a great price, and did the install of my Trijicon night sights without hassle. Thanks for the responses, though. Always appreciated.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Check out MegaSports in Plainfield, it's about 35 miles from Chicago and they had a pretty wide selection, prices weren't too bad. Some of their staff was a little quirky but for the most part I'd go back if I were in the area again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts