HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a while and I finally registered after ordering my first HK weapon. My new P2000SK V2 .40SW should arrive in a day or two.

I just sent my S&W M&P compact back to the factory for the third time since new two months ago for various failures. I gave my concealed carry instructor a call for his opinion and he convinced me to give the HK a try.

Great forum. Reading the posts helped me decide between the P2000SK and and UPS Compact and a quick use of the search feature answered all my questions about what holster to try. And to my surprise there is no mud slinging and name calling like I saw all over the place on the Block forum.

Thanks,
The new guy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! I am jealous - I was in a gun store yesterday and it took everything in my power to walk out without a brand new p2000sk....

Regards,

AmicusCuriae

·
Registered
99 Posts
This forum has always been of best assistance to me as well. Many respectful, knowledgable members. I too used this forum for research and bought my p2000SK because of it, soon deciding on my appropriate holster (Milt Sparks VM II most likely)

·
Registered
97 Posts
What??? There is a search feature here???? What????

Welcome aboard. Your going to like it here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love my P2000SK V3 it's become my chosen pistol. My practice, carry, home defense and SHTF pistol is the same. I have only one main pistol the others are for fun. I retired my P7M8 after 10 years of carrying it. I went with a Glock 19 and have switched to the HKP2KSK. I have recently purchased a Insight X2L light & laser combo.

I had a Walther P99 .40SW that had to be returned to Smith and Wesson a few times. The last trip I called and spoke to the repair center and was told they will be sending me a check for the pistol. I had ordered a early P99 .40SW and had problems right out of the box. After a few times of back and forth I had to call Earl's to get some answers. He was no longer the official repair center for Walther, but knew all about the fist P99's. He informed of all the problems with the first 40sw P99's and some upgrades. I had to call Smith and Wesson and have them keep fixing the pistol. Before it went back I put a line across the feed ramp. They said they test fired 100 rds through the pistol and it worked perfect. I received the pistol back and there was no line across the feed ramp. I called them and explained to them what I did. They had me send the pistol back in. I called them to see if they received it and was informed they would be sending me a check.

Upgrades on early P99 .40SW only
1. Magazine followers (Nose dives)
2. Slide release spring (slide release engaged)
3. Decocker spring (striker decocked it's self)
4. All the springs
5. Firing pin upgrade

If it were not for this experience and I bought a P99 9mm I would be on the Walther forum. I really liked the pistol and the platform. I really liked the decocted until I saw the HKP2KSK decocker. I have been debating with myself about the new P99 compact.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Welcome home pilotdane! Enjoy your new H&K pistol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey, welcome! Good choice. Of course I'm a USP and P7 guy.

Quality firearms do seem to attract a higher level of discussion. And the used guns aren't even really that much more expensive. Oh well. Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Pretty soon you will want a P2000 and then a P30 will be in the work. I myself love the magazine compatibility between the Glocks and I like HK doing it with the P2000 and P2000sk. The HKs are my choice of carry guns. You will enjoy the HK P2000sk but I assure you that you will want a P2000.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a USPf, USPc and P200sk to cover all of my needs. The p2000sk is definitely the most versatile carry weapon, especially when it comes to deep concealment. It is my only deep concealment weapon that makes me fully confident I have the accuracy and round count I need. The USP is my go to hi cap 45, and the USPc will be my go to 45 when I dont need deep concealment. Hopefully you can just stick with the P2000SK, the HK bug can get expensive.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
You are welcome. The lack of mud slinging here is one of the things that I like so much as well. There was a couple here that tried to start some awhile back but they didn't have much luck. Haven't seen them for awhile either so I guess they got bored, and tired of being made look stupid and left.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What??? There is a search feature here???? What????

Yea. One of my pet peaves are people who do not look to see if their question has been answered a thousand times before.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My P2000sk V2 .40 arrived today and I was able to give it a quick turn before it got too dark. I tried four different brands of ammunition and it performed flawlessly on all of them. I love the trigger and it was amazingly accurate. If you have not figured it out I am now an HK fan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts