HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went and picked it up yesterday. Took it apart and wiped it down, everything looks good.

It came with the case, 2 mags (limited to 10rd), and manual. The flapper was cut off/disabled, requiring a tool be used to detach the mag. I was thinking about a setup similar to the new USC mag release tool a guy over on Calguns.net fabbed up, I'll have to buy a spare paddle to futz around with. Anyway, on to the pics:

Say what you will about clones, but this is realitically the only way I'll probably ever own an "MP5/10". Works for me!

·
Registered
183 Posts
So, specifically, what mods make this rifle legal in CA? I thought the mag would have to be permanently attached and the pistol grip cut off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10rd mag that is fixed; ie requires a tool to remove. If you look clse, there is no flapper and in the last pic, you can see teh rivet in teh back of the mag that limits it to 10rds. Without the flapper, you need a screwdriver to disengage the mag catch and remove the mag.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I see. So if the magazine requires a tool for removal, it's no longer considered a detachable magazine. I just went to the calguns site after seeing your post. I grew up in San Jose, so it particularly sad to see the hurtles they're making you guys deal with. The once great state of California needs to rejoin the Union.

BTW, If you lived in CA before the 2000 mag ban, you should just use one of the hi cap mags you squirreled away back when they were legal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see. So if the magazine requires a tool for removal, it's no longer considered a detachable magazine. I just went to the calguns site after seeing your post. I grew up in San Jose, so it particularly sad to see the hurtles they're making you guys deal with. The once great state of California needs to rejoin the Union.

BTW, If you lived in CA before the 2000 mag ban, you should just use one of the hi cap mags you squirreled away back when they were legal.
Yep, requires a tool. Whats funny is how the KA DOJ BoF recently tried to re-define "permanent". A good laywer type fellow filed a petition with the Office of Administrative Law, pointing out that what they were attempting to do was indeed against the law. The OAL ruled as such and that was teh end of that. Thank God there are people like this gentlemen here in Ka.

Everyone pay attention whats going on here, it would be no small feat for the cancer of incrementalism to jump to your state in the near future.

Even if I had any pre 2k mags, which I dont, i wouldnt be able to use them anyways, as that would clearly violate the fixed "10rd" rule. Another silly law to work through.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
im kinda curious why the back of the trunnion where it meets the receiver slots isint welded.

i dont think it would cause any issues, but i've never seen one not done.

CORRECTION: just took a look at my SP89 that is the factory style welding in the back, i'v been looking at too many G3's lately :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Everyone pay attention whats going on here, it would be no small feat for the cancer of incrementalism to jump to your state in the near future.
You hit the nail on the head. Having lived through each CA gun ban, I witnessed first hand how they used each ban as a stepping stone for the next. When I was young and naive, I actually believed the rethoric that reasonable restrictions were for the greater good of the masses. I didn't realize that each passing of "reasonable restrictions" would lead the banners to a new set of necessary "reasonable restrictions". Over the last 20 years, the banners have made steady progress by passing a new set of restrictions every couple years. The worst part of the situation, is how many millions of CA patriots are being out voiced by the lefties who managed to maintain a narrow majority. I really loved living in CA, but the CA of today is simply not the CA of my childhood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im kinda curious why the back of the trunnion where it meets the receiver slots isint welded.

i dont think it would cause any issues, but i've never seen one not done
That's German factory spec welds and I'm surprised to see it done that way on a clone.

resistor, congratulations !!! nice 94.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. Having lived through each CA gun ban, I witnessed first hand how they used each ban as a stepping stone for the next. When I was young and naive, I actually believed the rethoric that reasonable restrictions were for the greater good of the masses. I didn't realize that each passing of "reasonable restrictions" would lead the banners to a new set of necessary "reasonable restrictions". Over the last 20 years, the banners have made steady progress by passing a new set of restrictions every couple years. The worst part of the situation, is how many millions of CA patriots are being out voiced by the lefties who managed to maintain a narrow majority. I really loved living in CA, but the CA of today is simply not the CA of my childhood.
I was born in CA, but have moved on.
I remember deciding between a P7 PSP & a SP-89.
The SP-89'S were about $750, at the time., on the shelf at Turners.
You could buy AR's & AK's & all kinds of stuff.

Now, it's pretty darn limited.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I went from seeing loaded shelves, to AR's with fixed mags.
Thumbhole stocks & much more BS....

The personal liberties in CA have been trashed.
It is a shame what has transpired in CA, since the 70's.
I have fond memories of So Cal, when it was covered by orange groves.
It was a utoptian society, full of freedoms.

It has been trashed by the politicians who think they know better than you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I lived in CA and year after year kept voting & having faith that goodness would prevail.

All the while I watched my freedoms dramatically deteriorate over 20 years.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The curse of incrementalism is that as each gun ban doesn't work, they say it's because they need to do more banning instead of acknowledging that they're a bad idea and that's why they really didn't work. So that just leads them to the next level, and then to the next level. And so on and so on.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Resistor - I also just got this rifle and I too am in Kaliforniastan. I have studied it for a while now and cannot come up with a good solution to deal with the mag release issue. We cannot just "buy a spare mag relase" as the piece is actually sandwiched into the receiver which is welded together. My first thought was to weld up a piece of metal to slide over the mag release stub while changing mags, but one side of the mag release piece is welded directly to the round piece which holds it to the receiver - in short - only a milimeter or two between the end of the mag release stub and the metal below on one side. Sure I can get a screwdriver in there, but not much else.
Please let me know what you may have come up with. (Nothing worse than being at the range with a weapon that looks like a million bucks only to have to whip out a fifty cent screwdriver to pry the clip out. The firearms equivalent of pushing your Ferrari down the road.)

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have lived in Kalifornia most of my life and as mentioned, watch the gun laws strangle most shop owners. Gun dealers are far and few and selection is poor at best. The other day I was in a gun shop in Pacifica,Ca and saw a Bushmaster AR 15 on the shelf, I asked the owner how that makes it through the loop holes in the law. Low and beholed, It had a fixed 10 round mag. The mag well was welded closed at the bottom and you had to crack her open to load her...INSANE.

I now live in the great state of Arizona, where it has taken me a while to get used to buying weapons and walking out with them a few minutes later. ( how America should be ) Where you have a right to carry and you can own almost anything.

If I ever had to move back to Kalifornia, I would have to sell all of my Hk rifles I have recently purchased before I moved back...( yeah right )

Nice place to visit, not a great place to live if your a law abidding person with a firearm hobby.

D

·
0 Posts
I bought the 9mm version about 6 weeks ago. Also bought the HK version of the bullet button from cold war shooters. Basically:

1. Disable the paddle release by replacing the paddle bushing with cam with a cam-less one.
2. Remove the mag release button and replace with a bullet button. The BB is a delrin-like piece that goes over the end of the mag catch and is "wedged" between the receiver and pistol grip assembly.

You drop the mag out by using a bullet or tool to push the mag catch in through the BB. Don't forget to stick with 10-rd mags!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts