HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Professional Gunslinger
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~~Just wanted to give everyone my recent experience as a HK newby.~~

I recently called Kelly Enterprises at (305) 923-6560, on July 7 at 9:29am, do to the fact that I'm buying a V51 SBR from a member here and had some questions and thought who better to ask. What I thought this was going to be a pleasurable, informative, learning experience was far from it. Mr Chuck Malta introduced himself when he answered the phone and then proceeded to be EXTREMELY short with answers, snubbing every question as soon as the last word came out of my mouth. He seemed genuinely bothered that I was calling him with very simple questions off his website, regarding different models, even though his website says 9am - 9pm seven days a week. Looks like I will not be dealing with this Distributor/Manufacture again and will seek guidance/parts/repair/accessories/everything else somewhere else.

Thanks for a great website & Semper Fi,
Mike

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe you caught him on a bad day. I have bought five Vectors from him and I could tell he's a busy guy with lots going on when on the phone but he was very helpful and got me everything I needed. Bought two HK .22's from him also, and he went the extra mile to hold stuff for me while I was deployed and got them to me asap when I got home. I also like that if its on his website, he actually HAS it.
Steve

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
A lot of HK people tend to be a little (snobby?) It is a high end club. I own 8 misc. clones and real ones and still feel like a newbie. I really like my vector BTW. Sorry for your bad experiance. He might have been irritted that you weren't buying from him. I am in construction and if someone calls with questions and I know they are using someone else for the work I won't even hardly talk to them. Why waste my time with someone that isn't even going to give me a sale? Not saying you were wrong or anything, just trying to figure out why he might have been short with you. BTW thank you for your service. I hope you enjoy your HKs as much as I do.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
You're buying a gun from someone else. You're lucky he talked to you at all.

:biggrin:

Oh calm down. I'm just yankin your chain.

·
Professional Gunslinger
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand HK's are the elitists weapon of choice but common courtesy is expected when speaking with a business not snobberyor otherwise. I simply asked questions of possibly retaining his services to replace the barrel, I want a slightly longer one, and wanted to know the difference between the V and VKE weapons...thats all.

Aero...I only have one true HK. My USP9 full size is a dream to shoot and has been flawless to date. My MKE pistol I still need to properly break in but I love the look & feel...just need to get it SBR'd. My Vector Arms V51 SBR I will have in hand in probably 5-7 months so I'll keep you posted on that one. I'm sure the muzzle blast and fireball will just add to the "fun factor."

Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchased a Vector Uzi clone from him a few months back. Even with shipping and FFL transfer he was much cheaper then buying the same gun in-state and paying sales taxes. I paid by money order and he called to tell me when the MO arrived and that the gun should arrive at my FFL in about a week. Two days later I got a call from the FFL that the gun had arrived. I couldn't have been happier purchasing from him and would be willing to do it again.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I simply asked questions of possibly retaining his services to replace the barrel, I want a slightly longer one, and wanted to know the difference between the V and VKE weapons...thats all.

Well, there you go. As far as I can tell, this guy is just a dealer. He "claims" to have speced out some models for Vector (some 1000 plus miles to the north) to build guns for him. From what I gather, he has no machinery and no ability to do any work on site. So that's probably why he was flippin' your questions off.

·
Banned
72 Posts
HI, I JUST DONT COMMENT ON SOMEONE ELSES SALES. THANKS CHUCK

~~Just wanted to give everyone my recent experience as a HK newby.~~

I recently called Kelly Enterprises at (305) 923-6560, on July 7 at 9:29am, do to the fact that I'm buying a V51 SBR from a member here and had some questions and thought who better to ask. What I thought this was going to be a pleasurable, informative, learning experience was far from it. Mr Chuck Malta introduced himself when he answered the phone and then proceeded to be EXTREMELY short with answers, snubbing every question as soon as the last word came out of my mouth. He seemed genuinely bothered that I was calling him with very simple questions off his website, regarding different models, even though his website says 9am - 9pm seven days a week. Looks like I will not be dealing with this Distributor/Manufacture again and will seek guidance/parts/repair/accessories/everything else somewhere else.

Thanks for a great website & Semper Fi,
Mike
HI, I make it a habit of not commenting on other peoples sales, I am more than happy to discuss any gun I am selling, as for what others sell, its always best to contact the person you are buying it from, that way you get all the info and details on the exact gun you are buying, thanks Chuck

·
Banned
72 Posts
Well, there you go. As far as I can tell, this guy is just a dealer. He "claims" to have speced out some models for Vector (some 1000 plus miles to the north) to build guns for him. From what I gather, he has no machinery and no ability to do any work on site. So that's probably why he was flippin' your questions off.
HI, To my knowledge ,I have never said that I am a manufacturer of anything. I don't claim anything,I am not a licenced gunsmith, and never claimed to be, as such I wont comment on any gunsmithing. I am a distributor, and an FFL/CL3/SOT, and do quite well at it. I try to make myself available to buying customers, answer their questions and help them with custom orders placed with me. I do not comment on others sales. I do have my own line, that I have made for me , with the specific parts that I speced for each one, and they are rather nice. They are VKE-91K AND VKE-93K. There are some others in the works. Also all the VKE guns on my site come with custom vented handguards. The VKE-91K comes with an RCM barrel, vented handguards, PTR receivers. There are extra mags,4.5" vortex brake(on the rifle), slings,bayonet lug, full auto carriers, para and full stock packages available. These make excellent hosts for an ATF registered sear, and are my favorite. These are EXCLUSIVELY built for us and sold EXCLUSIVELY by us here at KELLYENTERPRISES NET LLC. They are backed by a Vector arms 5 year warranty. The VKE -93K comes with RCM barrel,vented handguards, 4.5" brake, sling, some packages have hk bayonets, both have hk bayonet lugs, and the buyer can usually have one made in differant configurations , for differant states. Both these guns are available in SBR'S, RIFLES ,OR PISTOLS.More exclusive VKE'S are coming in the future. Check the site out, I think its rather nice,Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Last year I realized Vector was back in business after their little hiccup (yeah I wasn't paying close attention). I had given up on the Uzi clone I wanted when it looked bleak for them. I could not find anyone with the model I wanted- and really tried. I called Chuck (had never heard of him before) and he said he would see what he could do, but had none. After getting off the phone with him I figured we would never chat again. Within a couple days he called me back. The deal was wicked quick and the shipping to the FFL was real freakin' fast. To the OP, hey no harm no foul- with every business sometimes people don't always connect for a myriad of reasons. I am glad to have found him when I did as he made me awfully happy and was very helpful. Price was good as well.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Last year I realized Vector was back in business after their little hiccup (yeah I wasn't paying close attention). I had given up on the Uzi clone I wanted when it looked bleak for them. I could not find anyone with the model I wanted- and really tried. I called Chuck (had never heard of him before) and he said he would see what he could do, but had none. After getting off the phone with him I figured we would never chat again. Within a couple days he called me back. The deal was wicked quick and the shipping to the FFL was real freakin' fast. To the OP, hey no harm no foul- with every business sometimes people don't always connect for a myriad of reasons. I am glad to have found him when I did as he made me awfully happy and was very helpful. Price was good as well.
What kind of Uzi did you want? I got one from Atlantic about 2 years ago made by Vector and they have had them in stock since. Dang fine weapon. Except for the receiver and barrel it's all German.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
HI, I make it a habit of not commenting on other peoples sales, I am more than happy to discuss any gun I am selling, as for what others sell, its always best to contact the person you are buying it from, that way you get all the info and details on the exact gun you are buying, thanks Chuck
Apparently, MCASgt was trying to be a customer from what I gather... not a competitor of yours in sales. From what it sounded like, he wasn't happy with the conversation you two had and was disgruntled enough to tell the board.

Personally, I couldn't care less, I don't have a dog in the fight but it sounds like you aren't understanding the main gist of the thread.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
HI, To my knowledge ,I have never said that I am a manufacturer of anything. I don't claim anything,I am not a licenced gunsmith, and never claimed to be, as such I wont comment on any gunsmithing. I am a distributor, and an FFL/CL3/SOT, and do quite well at it.
I figured as much. Nothing wrong with that. All I did was try to make MCASgt understand that what you have... is what you have. He apparently thought you could make adjustments such as barrel swaps, etc.

Most dealers have gunsmif buddies... I suggest you make some arrangements so that you CAN have some modifications done... that leads to mo' money... something us guys "In da Bidness" usually like.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Apparently, MCASgt was trying to be a customer from what I gather... not a competitor of yours in sales. From what it sounded like, he wasn't happy with the conversation you two had and was disgruntled enough to tell the board.

Personally, I couldn't care less, I don't have a dog in the fight but it sounds like you aren't understanding the main gist of the thread.
So who did he call, me or you? I think I understood just fine, he bought a gun from someone else and wanted to know if I would replace the barrel. I asked why he did not just buy a gun with the barrel he wanted, and told him that we dont swap out hk barrels, seemed like he was looking for advise and gunsmithing, since i am not a gunsmith, it was a very short conversation, Besides, how can I comment on a gun that I am not selling?Who knows what it is. And all I have to do is give advise on that , and there's another neg post. Sometimes you dont win. My record speaks for itself, on gb i go by cmmalta, check it out, pretty good rep, for dealing with the public, besides, anyone who has a bussiness knows , you will never make everyone happy. I do what I can, when I can ,and thats good enough for my customers, and thats all that counts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So who did he call, me or you? I think I understood just fine, he bought a gun from someone else and wanted to know if I would replace the barrel. I asked why he did not just buy a gun with the barrel he wanted, and told him that we dont swap out hk barrels, seemed like he was looking for advise and gunsmithing, since i am not a gunsmith, it was a very short conversation, Besides, how can I comment on a gun that I am not selling?Who knows what it is. And all I have to do is give advise on that , and there's another neg post. Sometimes you dont win. My record speaks for itself, on gb i go by cmmalta, check it out, pretty good rep, for dealing with the public, besides, anyone who has a bussiness knows , you will never make everyone happy. I do what I can, when I can ,and thats good enough for my customers, and thats all that counts.
He never said that mcasgt called him and so there was no point in mentioning that tid bit.

Shattered Mind "Personally, I couldn't care less, I don't have a dog in the fight but it sounds like you aren't understanding the main gist of the thread. "

I have to agree it really seems like this bird is flying way over you'r head. All the guy is saying is he purchased ONE OF YOUR guns from someone else and just wanted to know if he could swap a barrel. Now I understand that you dont do such things but it has come to my attention that in business when someone does not do a certain service they get rude becuase sometimes they feel that the customer on there end should know this in advance.

cmmalta "My record speaks for itself, on gb i go by cmmalta, check it out, pretty good rep, for dealing with the public, besides, anyone who has a bussiness knows , you will never make everyone happy. I do what I can, when I can ,and thats good enough for my customers, and thats all that counts."

Yes you do have fine products and keep it coming.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

Extra bonus points to Shattered Mind for using the word "couldn't" instead of "could".

I'm kind of in the "don't care" category. But I will add that I have found Chuck's responses to be pretty to-the-point. Sounds like a "No BS" kind of guy and has too much real business going on to just chat about fuzzy feel good type stuff. I wouldn't let that keep me from doing business with him. He seems to take care of his business with a great amount of passion. But hell, what do I know, I buy guns from Todd Bailey. So maybe my bar is set kind of low on the whole sweet talk thing. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts