HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a used KF date code USP9 V1 and notice HK have made some parts update to the USP line since 95.
My question is what should I do at this time. Send it to HK for parts update? Obtain parts and DIY? or leave it as it is.
Knowing myself, I would be more comfortable with the updated parts. Plan on doing LEM conversion aswell.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Shot it til it breaks then worry about it. Be prepared to shell out for at least 20K rounds of ammunition to get there.

If your gonna get HK to convert it to LEM you can have them update the firing pin and lockout stuff while they are in there. But I wouldn't go thru the effort otherwise.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advise. I agree sending it to factory might be costly and time consuming.
I'm leaning towards DIY on the LEM conversion. Can LEM be done without other parts update?

·
Banned
18,626 Posts
For LEM, you'll need the 2-piece catch in addition to the new-style, longer catch. I think you can find the parts on HKParts.net or order directly from HK.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Yes HKParts has the new-style (2piece) catch. I had to buy one for my Match conversion as well. That's the only update you'll need to go LEM on the older pistols. Plenty of folks round here have done these conversions on their own, so there are a few threads you can follow.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts