HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks

Those of you who really know me, know that I suffer from somekind of optical ADHD.
I try different optics in different mounts, until the "perfect one" is found. So it all flows,
looks factory and is functional.

I tried various optics and wasn't really happy until I stumbled across a nice deal on an
Elcan OS4X. Having remembered this is the new optic for the MOD, it had extra coolness
built right in. Put it on the rifle and immediately was struck with the flow of the rear curve
of the scope into the top of the reciever. Checked eye relief and it was perfect on my favorite
position on the stock.

Then I remembered, I have sights for this rifle, and was inspired by the CF's C79 Elcans on their
Diemaco's, and they mount their BUIS just forward of the Elcan. Which is how it's set up on my LSW clone.

So I mounted the irons, and with the rear diopter on 1, the sight picture too was perfect. These are nice irons!
Now here is the result, it's definitely heavier, but the set up is about as perfect as I can imagine.

The optic is first class, and seems to compliment the lines of the rifle, and allow for the use of the
BUIS without any extra expense, so a big win-win.

Another view, what cannot be seen is the Surefire muzzle break. Have yet to fire in this set up, but can imagine
it's going to be nice :)

·
Banned
879 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but how exactly are you going to obtain the proper sight picture with your irons with them that far forward should you ever need to resort to them?

This kind of setup is what flip up BUIS are for.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a beter view of the tail end of the optic meeting the scallop at the rear of the top reciever, BAM!

the worker's point of view... the eye relief of the scope combined with the deep scallop prevent the use of a folding BUIS

same concept on a SIG556, this one I don't know if it co-whitnesses, but it sure looks clean and I get a good sight picture.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to be a jerk, but how exactly are you going to obtain the proper sight picture with your irons with them that far forward should you ever need to resort to them?

the number one setting on the drum is large enough to be able to see, capture and center the front sight post, looks like the sight picture on a M16A1 in terms of size, works for me.

That is a gorgeous setup--- I have never seen an ELCAN on an MR556!!! :eek:

Tony
thanks Tony, put a few more pics up.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Looks good , and if your ADHD gets me a aimpoint pro cheap , then have at it

·
2,832 Posts
ran my MR556 with the BUIS infront of a ACOG, worked just fine for me, sight pic was not a problem

the ELCAN 1x4 or 1/.5x6 would both be great on the MR556, my buddy who just passed away had 2x all the current ELCAN models

1 - 8 of 8 Posts