HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, not yet but I spoke to Kevin over at KKM and if we can a 50 or more piece order together, he will make a .40 to 9mm match barrel for us .40 caliber HK P2000 owners.

I know I want one and I've seen others ask too. I have the 40 to 9mm Match barrel from KKM for my GLOCK 23 and it functions flawless.

I don't have prices yet but I assume it would be on par with there other 40 to 9mm barrels.

Would anyone be interested in one? Would anyone be interested to help spread the word?

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which model gun do you have? The 9mm?

I'm more interested in making my .40 into a 9mm for target shooting but being able to carry it with .40 cal rounds in it.

Anyway, I got a price from KKM. If we can get 50 people to pre-order them, they will cost $157.00 each for a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a new HK P2000 owner and I want to make sure I understand this. I can buy a new barrel in 9mm and 9mm mags and convert my p2000 to a 9mm? Same recoil spring? Is it that easy?

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I'm a new HK P2000 owner and I want to make sure I understand this. I can buy a new barrel in 9mm and 9mm mags and convert my p2000 to a 9mm? Same recoil spring? Is it that easy?
No actually its not that easy, or more shooters would do it. Breech face dimensions are alot different between the two calibers, dropping a 9mm barrel into a .40sw slide is asking for trouble, plus the case rim dimensions are different too, so the extractor is going to take a beating and/or not eject spent casings properly, if a catastrophic failure does not happen first.

Safest way is to also mate a 9mm slide to the 9mm barrel. These are real firearms, not toys. 9mm +P+ runs at 38,500 pounds per square inch, thats a whole lot of pressure to not be held properly in place by a mis-matched breech face/slide.

I dont want to be any where close to this pistol when its fired, 38,500 pounds per square inch is plenty to blow off fingers, eyes, dis-figure a human face. Huge risk for the $3 a box difference between a box of .40sw and a box of 9mm ammo! :5:

A safe conversion would be to get a.357Sig barrel for the .40sw P2000, its alot more fun, and its safe!!!

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
No actually its not that easy, or more shooters would do it. Breech face dimensions are alot different between the two calibers, dropping a 9mm barrel into a .40sw slide is asking for trouble, plus the case rim dimensions are different too, so the extractor is going to take a beating and/or not eject spent casings properly, if a catastrophic failure does not happen first.

Safest way is to also mate a 9mm slide to the 9mm barrel. These are real firearms, not toys. 9mm +P+ runs at 38,500 pounds per square inch, thats a whole lot of pressure to not be held properly in place by a mis-matched breech face/slide.

I dont want to be any where close to this pistol when its fired, 38,500 pounds per square inch is plenty to blow off fingers, eyes, dis-figure a human face. Huge risk for the $3 a box difference between a box of .40sw and a box of 9mm ammo! :5:

A safe conversion would be to get a.357Sig barrel for the .40sw P2000, its alot more fun, and its safe!!!

Well said, I knew I couldn't have been the only one thinking this....

·
Registered
651 Posts
EFKFiredragon.com Offers several conversion caliber barrels and extended, threaded and ported barrels as well.
I had a one for my USPF, it was absolute junk, constant jamming issues. I polished the feedramp and still no good. I tried to get them to fix or replace it and they said I had voided the warranty by polishing the ramp, and they added the warranty only covers breakage-not function problems because they can't be sure it's the not firearm and the barrel is fine. :mad:

The only aftermarket barrels I use are jarvis custom. They have worked flawlessly for me, and they stand behind their products from all accounts I've heard.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
+1 for Jarvis Custom. Their quality is unrivaled, IMHO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts