1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knight\'s Armament Making HKs???

http://www.knightsarmament.com/
"We manufacture Stoner SR-15's, Stoner SR-25's, Stoner SR-50's and H&K rifles."
Whoa, is this true? Knight's Armament makes HK rifles here in the US down in Vero Beach? If so, for whom, and how'd they get the rights from HK or a contract? I've NEVER heard or seen this before or heard about Knights HKs. Forgive me if I'm stupid but I do think there is a mistake here. Maybe there's a different kind of H&K rifle that they make that has nothing to do with Heckler and Koch.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,014 Posts
Re: Knight\'s Armament Making HKs???

This will be a shock, but that is not Knight's web page. When I called them once to confirm something I saw on the site, they told me that some guy had put that site together with the hopes of selling it to them for some outrageous price. They didn't bite, but it is still there. Baffled me, but call for yourself.

--HKPRO

·
Registered
4 Posts

Beware that, that website does NOT belong to Knight. Some guy made it and wanted to sell it to Knight, but they didn't want it. Never send any money to that guy and a lot of the info on the site is wrong according to Knight.

G

·

That's very interesting. I'm surprised that Kinght's hasn't done anything about getting him to take the site down. That looks like trademark infringement to me!

-Hawkeye

·
Registered
202 Posts

That is really, really wierd. I just bought an SR-15 and wanted some extra infor so I checked the website. No wonder they weren't very helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by stephen bay:
that is knights web site i have ordered stuff off of it guns and acc
<hr></blockquote>

Nope, it isn't. "ColdBlue", a KAC employee, wrote on ar15.com forums:
"4. KMC / KAC Web Site is NOT, I repeat, IS NOT Knight's. A guy put it together about four years ago and tried to sell it to us. We did not buy, but he lets it run. What ever you do, don't try to buy anything from it, or sent the jerk $. And especialy don't give up your credit card #. Most all the part numbers he uses are wrong as well.
5. Some day we will have our own site, but not soon enough!"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=92252&page=4

G

·

I always wondered why they listed the caliber of their M4 as .223 Winchester..

This explains it.

G

·

I ran a dslreports.com tools "whois server" test and James Bonis is the admin for that domain

www.knightsarmament.com

just wonder why someone would take it upon themselves to make a website for a company and them pitch it to them (without discussion from that company) ? seems like a lot of work for nothing, potentially?! of course, he is registered knightsarmament.com/net etc., then wonder what knightsarmament the company will use?

·
Registered
2 Posts

According to the folks at Knight's, Pyramont North America in Rochester NY built that site, probably speculatively, and Knight's has already spent $15,000 trying to get their name back. We really need better written laws to help protect people from things like this. Knight's is getting the blame for 30,000+ orders that have disappeared down a black hole because of this "Pyramont scheme".

Pyramont is that marketing company which produces overblown ads for things like Otis cleaning kits, MOD Knives and Blackhawk gear.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Can't Knight's sue them to have it removed?Probably more work than it's worth.
Besides trademark infringement, they might be able to pop them under the "cyber-squatting" provisions of the Lanham act. Hey I even know a lawyer who could do this for them.

·
Banned
34,554 Posts
May or may not be legal, depending upon all of the pertinent facts!
For those wrestling fans out there, do you remember "WWF" having to change to "WWE"?
Notwithstanding, I think that the "real" KAC has a legitimate beef and am certain that they will pursue all legal remedies.

By the way, have any of you checked out my new website- HKPRO's.com? :eek: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts