HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just got back from our bi-annual voyage north to Knob Creek for the machine gun shoot. We were there thurs.-sun. and had a great time. i kinda struck out on some things that i went to buy, espically hk stuff. Went up looking for a choat folding stock for an mp5k, they sell for $145 straight from choat so i thought that i might find one for around $120. i found one new one and they wanted $220 for it the i found a used one, kinda beat up and they said $175. I dont know if its because im young and these guys just want me to leave their table or they are just trying to rip me off but those kind of prices were crazy. I also went looking for some hk mp5 mags that are marked with all the info, not just the date code, by lunch time on friday i could not find one anywhere. I talked to 2 different guys who said they were sold out in like 2hrs. one told me that hk was 5000 mags behind??? i did come arcoss some hk mags that were date coded for $65 but i passed. i did get and hk (benchmade) auto axis auto knife with the tanto and serrated blade. also picked up some other stuff for 1919's and m2hb and an ar-15 kit. all in all it was a great weekend. i go now to see people that i have met through guns and nfa stuff, i love to learn from the old timers and knob creek is one of the best ways to do that. seen lots of friends that i only get to see twice a year, so we had a good time as usual. who else made the trip to the creek? have a good time? find any good deals?
-Jason G

·
Registered
276 Posts
I went Friday morning and bought a 14" AUG commando bbl, a Benelli M1 entry parts kit, and a few small HK parts.

I didn't see any HK parts kits except for some MP5 kits for $1350 and UMP45 kits at Clyde's table.

·
Registered
179 Posts
just got all the dust blasted off me...

bought a new navy barrel for mp5...not that i need it yet but sometimes you can't pass...now I feel better about squeezing the one I love more often...

+1 on prices - most prices were all over the place..."G3 mags for $40" must be special high caps right...nope plain steel...?? Then there were the guys who insisted their $750 P7M8 (grade b)was in fact an m8 when it was a trade in psp...I walked off when they insisted (rather indignantly) it was m8...I understand people make mistakes but some of these vendors...never mind

It was really great however...

·
Registered
893 Posts
I was there for a few hours on Friday morning, but had to leave early to make the Nascar race in Charlotte on Saturday - damn saturday race.
Was my first time at Knob Creek, and I gotta say I'm coming back (next time with some cash in my wallet and more time). There were four or five vendors there doing new HK parts, and a handful of people (incl Sarco) with the "junk" bins with some cheap $$ goodies that I passed on. There was one vendor there that had a PSG1 in the case with all the goodies, adertised as NIB, never fired, for $15K. One vendor with G3 kits for $500, one guy with torched MP5 kits, and a lot of G3/91s, 33/93s, and MP5/94s at various tables for sale. But by far the coolest thing was the rides in the Hughes 500 (which I didn't do, hence the comment about bringing more cash next time).
Being at a machine gun shoot there for the first was awesome, the sights, and sounds, especially the 50 going off, and then the mini gun.
Thats the sound of freedom baby !

The Loach:

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
just got all the dust blasted off me...

bought a new navy barrel for mp5...not that i need it yet but sometimes you can't pass...now I feel better about squeezing the one I love more often...

+1 on prices - most prices were all over the place..."G3 mags for $40" must be special high caps right...nope plain steel...?? Then there were the guys who insisted their $750 P7M8 (grade b)was in fact an m8 when it was a trade in psp...I walked off when they insisted (rather indignantly) it was m8...I understand people make mistakes but some of these vendors...never mind

It was really great however...
You mean the missing "M8" on the grip didn't tip them off? Sheesh.

What did you give for the MP5-N barrel?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I went Friday morning and bought a 14" AUG commando bbl, a Benelli M1 entry parts kit, and a few small HK parts.

I didn't see any HK parts kits except for some MP5 kits for $1350 and UMP45 kits at Clyde's table.

There was one vendor (don't know who it was) that had two nice looking G3 kits for $500 with whole barrels, and DSA had a whole bunch of real beater HK33 kits for $495 with cut barrels.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This was my first time at Knob Creek, went down and met up with some friends. Weather was perfect for the event. Found that the best stuff was gone by noon Friday. Picked up some new G36 mags for $35ea, which I thought was a good price. I too went looking for stocks (MP5K), but didnt find any great deals.
Spent some time talking with the Vector folks. Sounded like they may be making some more HK 9mm clones several months down the road. We will see if that happens. Was also to pick up some 22cal conversion kits for my UZIs.
I will be going back in the spring; I am hooked. Hopefully I will have a bit more spending money by next time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ive been twice, but missed this year. And its pretty enjoyable just to watch.

Short barrel M2s that have huge muzzle blasts that can be felt 20ft behind the gun. Miniguns that vibrate the concrete 100 ft away. Its a blast, just remember to bring the plugs/muffs. Last time I went down the the pay to spray range. Shot my first Full Auto weapon. I chose the MP5 and was very impressed how easy it was to control for a newb like me. I could waste hundreds just firing at that range.

Definitely something you should try to get to at least once and stay for the night shoot (which I havent been able to do).

·
Registered
179 Posts
You mean the missing "M8" on the grip didn't tip them off? Sheesh.

What did you give for the MP5-N barrel?
there were a couple different options. I saw a real deal hk german barrel for $795...and an urbach for $495...I somehow paid less than half apparently a "turkish" version that looks new inside except it was unfinished/white.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Didn't get to go had to work but who would have ever thought of elevating prices at a gun show?:rolleyes: One reason I don't go to many of them anymore. That plus I don't have glasses that need to be cleaned, and I don't care for any of their jerky.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Went early Friday, and earlier saturday.

Spent some kale, and had a decent time, except for the dang camera crew that was intent on filming every last person there. Really p'd me off. Id like to know who they were/who they worked for.

Not cool at all, they def. werent American.

Knob creek isnt what it used to be, since everyone now knows what stuff is worth on a global scale (internet), and they dont care if it doesnt move at the show, it will go on the net or in print somewhere. I can show you some mach. guns there that have been on display for sale for more than a decade of KCR's, spring and fall. SOme guys there dont give a shat about dealing.

hkx3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went early Friday, and earlier saturday.

Spent some kale, and had a decent time, except for the dang camera crew that was intent on filming every last person there. Really p'd me off. Id like to know who they were/who they worked for.

Not cool at all, they def. werent American.

Knob creek isnt what it used to be, since everyone now knows what stuff is worth on a global scale (internet), and they dont care if it doesnt move at the show, it will go on the net or in print somewhere. I can show you some mach. guns there that have been on display for sale for more than a decade of KCR's, spring and fall. SOme guys there dont give a shat about dealing.

hkx3
That seems to be a problem at all gunshows nowadays noone wants to make a deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This thread needs more pics!!!

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
there were a couple different options. I saw a real deal hk german barrel for $795...and an urbach for $495...I somehow paid less than half apparently a "turkish" version that looks new inside except it was unfinished/white.
Wow, that makes my $600 barrel from Adam (who has them now for $475) a bargain. Unless of course that german barrel was new. That would bump it up a bit, but still seems like a lot to me as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow, that makes my $600 barrel from Adam (who has them now for $475) a bargain. Unless of course that german barrel was new. That would bump it up a bit, but still seems like a lot to me as well.
That barrel was new German HK...man it was sweet. He even walked over to Terry Dyer and asked him to install it as favor for him ??? I was looking for one to stash in safe only. I had to explain that to Terry but it was really tempting just to have TD do it...that would be like having Elvis put sparkly beads on your jumpsuit!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts