·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else? Anyone?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Des Moines Area for myself, just north in one of the suburbs. I work out a the military base in Johnston (and get to play on the awesome ranges often enough). Other than that, you will see me up at Polk City Range alot.

.40 Expert -Match trig, jet funnel, the ussual USPSA gun
.40 FullSized - Stainless /Jet funnel and some other tuning
.40 Compact - Stainless
.9mm P30
SL8 - G-36 convert / Nightforce Optics... and a lot more
Bennelli M4.... the OMG of shotguns
rem870 - Marine Magnum

...and most importantly
Dillion 650

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I am near Des Moines! Good to know!

·
Registered
71 Posts
is it possible to own any cool toys there. im about to have to move there with my job and i know for sure i have to sell my tactical .40 and suppressor.

·
Registered
149 Posts
is it possible to own any cool toys there. im about to have to move there with my job and i know for sure i have to sell my tactical .40 and suppressor.

You can keep the 40 TAC, but the suppressor will have to go. Unfortunately, Iowa is NOT a CLIII state. Mil/LE dealers get to have the toys, but not the standard tax payer.

By the way, I'm FROM Urbandale but currently training on the east coast. My HK toys are all pistols (see sig for details), but have some fun non-HK long arms as well (SOCOM16, ALL Springfield 1954 Garand, Colt AR15A3 just to name a few).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Waterloo area

:74:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Norwalk...just south of Des Moines...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Norwalk Iowa, but spend a lot of time in Polk City;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Council Bluffs. 3rd on my list of things to buy this year is a P30. I'll be checking with you guys for a recomended dealer between here and Des Moines, my bro lives there.

-Currently have a USP9 that I bought new in 94

·
Registered
38 Posts
Des Moines for me. Anyone looking to take a good CCW course (a prerequisite to getting your conceal carry license) should look into C.A.P.S. Iowa.

www.capsiowa.com

It's worth the price, and after you pass the class your conceal license is only $11 from the sheriff. Note: this varies from county to county. I live in Polk county.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts