HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experianced the Korean MP5 Mags not fully seating in their Bellator 89? My boss and friend each bought a BA89. Both are very happy with them. I purchased a 20 lot of Korean mags and we all split them. They fit perfectly in my Bobcat, Cohaire, and SW. But they will not lock up in the Bellators? WTH? They are close too. Ive wiggled back and forth tried everything. No go. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I imagine you could make them work by filing down the mag release just a little. But if German mags fit well, I'd just sell the Korean stuff and get some German mags. My ghillie built 5 will work with any mag I stick in it. But some are more stubborn than others. Fit the mag to the gun unless it's a German mag.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I didn't have luck with the Korean mags in neither my Dakota nor MKE 94p. HK mags fit just fine however.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
01colt,
that is the frustrating "hit or miss" we all experienced with the ATI mags. I would abort them for a few less genuine hk mags.
Dj

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I didn't have luck with the Korean mags in neither my Dakota nor MKE 94p. HK mags fit just fine however.
That's correct. When I first started building the D54 series. I polled and asked what the community thought would be better.... make German mags fit loose so that the ATI mags would work, or tighten up the slop resulting in only German mags would fit. The consensus was to eliminate the excess slop. However, some of the ATI mags will indeed fit albeit very snug.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I would modify the mags to make them work with the gun. That way you won't affect the operation of the HK mags in the gun.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
True dat...

·
Registered
50 Posts
You could buy an extra mag release and modify it to fit the ATI mags for less than the cost of one German mag. Or maybe try swapping out the mag release with you Bobcat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anyone experienced the Korean MP5 Mags not fully seating in their Bellator 89?
Yep. My BA89 came with a single Korean Mag that fits, but barely so. I have a couple of the newer Korean (ATI-marked) mags that wouldn't lock up at all.

They fit perfectly in my Bobcat, Cohaire, and SW, but they will not lock up in the Bellators? WTH? They are close too. I've wiggled back and forth tried everything. No go. Any suggestions?
I progressively fitted the newer (ATI-marked) mags (by lightly touching the front shoulders with a Dremel) so that they would lock up but fit very snugly.

Being real proud of myself, I proceeded to the range where I then had feed issues with all of them (to varying degrees). The one that came with the gun came out second best to one of the ATI mags. :confused:

The best mag (new ATI) would generally work for about 12-15 rounds before becoming FUBAR'd. The worst, also a newer ATI, would only make it about 4-5 rounds. All were completely inconsistent in performance.

In defense of Bellator, their manual lists acceptable mags and none of them are Korean/ATI. Blaine also warns potential buyers of this issue and suggests using only HK mags.

To me, it looks like the ears on the HK mags are different and the Korean follower feels like it isn't as free as the HK. That could be a spring issue or the fact that the Korean mag is parked, inside and out.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey D, I'm hopefully picking up an 89 clone and I'll have to meet up with you test fitment if/ when I do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts