HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, after our last shoot I think some of us were liking the idea of trying to get together for a small subgun match.

Im thinking steel plates, bowling pins, poppers, paper targets on stands.

Try to use a IPSC/IDPA target for some of the work. Maybe we could build some vertical and horizontal 'hard cover' to work around.

As an idea, only 9mm/40/45 subguns can be used, open or closed bolt, optics or iron...?

Keep the ranges to 3 to 20 yards, and make transitions between targets close and fast paced.

Might be a fun chance to actually improve our shooting, as opposed to just hosing through our expensive ammo.

What do you guys think??

Maybe shoot for the early/mid January timeframe?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would be willing to host this. I have between 60-70 small steel plates and will have some poppers made by then. Do you guys want to do this on a Saturday or Sunday? Anytime in January will be fine with me. Maybe bring shotgun, rifle, and handgun and do some three gun? If we have time and not too many shooters?
All I want for X-mas is more 9 mil...

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot about the pistol for transitional work. The Mk23 in d/leg will be present! Now if I can learn to draw from the d/leg with the suppressor on!

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Sounds good!! I've got a shot timer, maybe put some baloons out next to the plates, load subgun and pistol failures then draw your carry knife to pop the baloon as the coups de gras! Of course, I'll bring some Tannerite. If it's like Keith's shoot, as soon as Justin says the range is open someone will cut loose with a string of full auto. I just got my DVD's on how to reload 37mm so I'll probably have a load to shoot.
God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have 2 angle stands and a rack of head plates available.

3 gun match format sounds good. I'll even throw in some Federal ninja drills for a thrill. No classified underwater stick fighting though...

CH

·
Registered
75 Posts
January would be perfect, we aren't shooting a USPSA match at Bardstown in January. I could actually make this one!

Thanks for suggesting 3 gun, at least that won't leave us po' boys w/out a subgun watching through the window!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bryan you can shoot my subgun if you want. Just don't show us rookies up too bad on the three gun!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Cool

This sounds like fun. I may have to come up to Kentucky for a day. I'm not familiar with 3-gun though. Pistol, subgun and rifle or shotgun?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
215 Posts
This sounds like fun. I may have to come up to Kentucky for a day. I'm not familiar with 3-gun though. Pistol, subgun and rifle or shotgun?

Thanks,
James
Just come up and shoot! We start out organized, then the line goes hot...

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its all formal and like Jdp7 said "organized", and then someone finds a pumpkin or gas can or car or bicycle... lol

I think this time though we will focus on the shooting, instead of the explosions...

(sure)

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
JCook- How far is it from Nashville to Bowling Green? To JDP7's isn't far from Bowling Green, up 65N to Glasgow, then I think 68 to Lebanon. Worth the trip!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bryan you can shoot my subgun if you want. Just don't show us rookies up too bad on the three gun!
HA! I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

I do have a few hundred rounds of 9x19. That would last what, about 38 seconds?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I'm off, I'll be there. I'm off Jan. 5&6th, 19&20th. Don't schedule around me, just lettin' yall know. My guns are still warm from the last shoot! I'd be willin' to scrounge up another toy to blow up. I've got a buddy with a junker runabout boat that needs demolished. :59:

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Im starting the buildup of some 'hard cover' tonight. Planning on running some 2x4's about 3' wide and 6-8' tall, self-supporting with stands. Some will have windows for firing through. Figure we could throw some rocks or sand or something on them to allow us to use them for support while firing.

Ill post up some dimensions of the stands we built before to hold a standard IDPA/IPSC style cardboard cutout... That way anyone who feels so inclined can fab up a few stands that match the others. Maybe if we all pitch in, we'll end up with enough stands to make it fun, without any one person having to pony up too much for lumber.

LIke I said, Ill take care of the hard cover and 'situational aides' like maybe a car side or something. I have a decent stash of 2x stuff, and about 8 sheets of ply.

This should be very cool and fun fun fun! :83:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jimmy and JD, before you guys go making a bunch of target stands, let me check and see if I can borrow some from the club at B-town. We don't shoot over there in January, so they won't be used.

That would save you a bunch of time for other props...

How many are you thinking we need? 20-30?

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
DUDE that sounds real good! Ive spent boatloads of time and some $ in the past making target stands.

If you can get those...that would really be the cats meow.

Ill post up pics later of the progress...

And yes, I think that would be plenty. We can mix those in with the poppers and pins and etc, and have a big shoot.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts