HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly, this Review is in regards to the "KZ MP5 3-Rail Handguard" itself, NOT for Botach Tactical, the company I bought it from, who gave me the WORST customer service experience of my life!

The KZ (Kley Zion) MP5 3-Rail Handguard is AMAZING!

I bought this handguard to mount on my Umarex/Walther MP5-A5 in .22LR, which I am customizing. The Umarex/Walther MP5-A5 was made to the same dimensional specifications as its 9mm cousin, so standard MP5 accessories will fit it. Right out of the package, it fit PERFECTLY, no modification or fitting needed! The front bolt for the handguard even fit perfectly through the original HK handguard quick detach pin hole! It looks AMAZING, mounts solidly and opens up all kinds of possibilities for mounting optics, lights, lasers and foregrips! On mine, I mounted a tactical flashlight on the right rail and a folding foregrip on the bottom rail. Both fit tight and solid on the rail. For the rail areas not yet used, I attached Knights Armament rail guards, which fit snugly and securely to the rails and even give the forend an almost “SD” style appearance. Even with the rail covers on, there are no problems with normal functioning of the gun, such as the charging handle. I was concerned at first that the left rail cover might come too close to the charging handle, but once I got them mounted, there was no problem. The KZ MP5 3-Rail Handguard is very well made from one piece of aluminum and the tolerances are exact.

I couldn't be MORE impressed by this Tri-Rail handguard and give it my HIGHEST rating of 5 Stars!!!

One word of advice, though, if you can find this handguard for sale by a company OTHER than Botach Tactical, go with the other company and save yourself A LOT of headaches, anger and worry! Botach Tactical needs to learn what REAL customer service IS! Unfortunately, I have been unable to find another dealer who carries this great Tri-Rail Handguard.

Either way, BUY the KZ MP5 3-Rail Handguard, you WON'T be disappointed by IT!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Yes it works fine and the one I got said "made in USA". They advertise it as such and I am using that as a 922 sub. There has been a lot of bad reviews from Botach but so far no problems for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS, Spitfyr! I will try to get some pics up of my setup after I get home tonight. For the foregrip, I went with the "UTG RBFGRP170 Ambidextrous Foldable Foregrip", which isn't the most expensive one you can get, but fits great, folds up perfectly out of the way, gives a solid forward grip and has 5 locked positions. It also has slideout sections for installing a pressure pad at the grips surface level to keep it in position and snag free, which I like and battery storage space.

Yes, U.S. Praetorian, the Kley Zion products are all made in the U.S., which I like, although I have heard that the company is run by a former Israeli Commando expatriate, which I haven't been able to confirm. Yeah, MY experience with Botach Tactical was so bad that I have lodge a complaint with against them with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), something I have never felt compelled to do before! When I looked at the BBB website page for Botach, I was shocked at how many complaints they have against them, but still carry an "A+" rating! I wasn't surprised, however, to see how many complaints they had after my own experience with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice write-up NSWdude. Which foregrip did you end up using? Pics?
O.k., so here are the pics of my Umarex/Walther MP5-A5 with the "Kley Zion (KZ) MP5 3-Rail Handguard" mounted and with the "UTG RBFGRP170 Ambidextrous Foldable Foregrip" and Knights Armament Rail Covers mounted on it. I will post photos of the complete setup of my Umarex/Walther MP5-A5 in the "MP5 Clone" section of the Forums.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Thank you very much for the nice pics...darn it...now I have to go spend money on accessories! I hate / love this site...

·
Registered
668 Posts
NSWdude-

Thanks for the review and photos, I may have to get one for my mp5 22.

Sorry about the Botach troubles.

Botach is real hit and miss. They screwed me over a couple of years ago, I swore them off, recently tried them out again, they were fine.

For some people they work fine, but when they screw up they screw up hardcore.

With your recent troubles I'll stay away again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spitfyr and Dushan,
My pleasure, glad they were of help. I just love sharing my good experiences with stuff when that actually occurs, and in this case, with this Handguard, it did!

Dushan, Thanks for the empathy. Yeah, I just don't think that after my own experiences with Botach and after all the other complaints I saw on BBB against them that they DESERVE to have an A+ rating and the only way the BBB finds out that a company that is listed with them is acting like a ****head is if unhappy customers lodge complaints with them. I found out very quickly that lodging a complaint with Botach didn't make a damn bit of difference to Botach! Yeah, I won't TOUCH them again, which is too bad because they have some nice items. Oh well! BUT, like I said, even if you can't find the KZ MP5 Tri-Rail Handguard with another company, it is STILL worth the crap from Botach to get one from them! It really IS a nice item!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts