HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I'm new to the clone game (PTR91 GIR) and am following your thread. I have been looking at the Manticore Nightbrake and PWS FSC91 myself.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Has anyone ever used one on their HK or HK clone weapons????
I've heard it's a fantastic muzzle break, but it puts out one helluva fireball. I've seen it been banned from night vision classes because it creates such a bright flash. But, if you're seeking an amazing muzzle break, and don't care about flash suppression, go for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple places had it for 30% off here over the ''black Friday holiday'' which put it right in line with the PWS brake so I said why the heck not. I'll post up about what I think of it compared to the stock flash hider thats on it after I get it.

Oh yeah not worried about the fireball either, I have a short barreled AR in 7.62x39 with what looks like the brake off of a howitzer

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,345 Posts
One word: Obnoxious
Such a fireball and concussion that no one will want to be anywhere near you when you fire it. Definitely do not want to be "that guy", if you ever take it to a training course, as you'll most likely be asked to take it back to your truck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The M72 sounds like grenades going off. The ultimate winner was the SJC Titan, which beat out even the M72. I had one on my Noveske N6 upper for awhile, then I took it off. Bothered ME.
IMO the best combo device is the Precision Armament EFAB or AFAB. Noticeable braking (probably less than the PWS though) with very little flash (near A2 effectiveness) and minimal concussion for a brake.

If you want MAX braking though, SJC titan for the win. And you'll clear benches next to you :D

Locally, it's not such a big deal, brakes are more common now. And my buddy's vector .223 pistol with that awful brake/FH thing with the holes at the base- makes the SJC seem quiet :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts