HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, this is my first post here so I'd like to start off by saying hello to you all.

Secondly, I'd like some help from those of you who have experience with laser assemblies please. I have a friend who dismantled his as the wire was getting frayed, and he hoped to be able to repair it, but he didn't know that there was a small PCB in the grip, and destroyed it during disassembly.

Essentially, we'd like to know how the power flows through the setup, as it's hard to tell how this operates.

As you can see, you have the rectangular cavity in the torch collar in which used to sit a small green circuit board (destroyed when I opened the cavity) to which is attached the black 2 core (1 insulated/1 bare wire) cable. In the centre of the cavity is the larger hole in which sits the copper ball bearing that sits over a nickel ring underneath (around the torch body but insulated from it) and to its left in the pic a smaller hole in which sits the miniature screw (to the left of the bearing in this pic. This screw appears to be another anode.

To the right of the bearing is a small circular piece of foam/neoprene which sits over the bearing between it and the circuit board (apparently insuating it from the contact on the board - ? Not sure). On the right of the large central hole on the face of the cavity enclosure is a small grub screw which if tightened provided one of the contacts to the torch body and allows the collar to rotate when loosened.

The other parts, for the laser unit, are the spring anode that sits behind the laser unit and the tension rings locking it in and a small black end cap sealing the unit. The 2 core joining wire, of which only 1.5 inches remain passes into the collar by one of the 2 holes on the wall of the cavity and joins the laser unit by the hole you see in the laser unit casing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gary

1 - 1 of 1 Posts