HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. if you didn't answer like this, you really shouldn't be here to begin with 馃お
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

2. I really hate that HK levels itself against the likes of Glock, Smith & Wesson, FN, Im not keen on Sig Sauer but I know that they have some quality stuff. Just like all the rest of the makes listed but when I think HK my mind = PREMIUM. all the above to me = mid-range? This isn't to say anything related to "poor" or anything like that. in my opinion, it really dilutes the brand to rank them among the "Eh to good" manufacturers. I would've preferred to see more high end listed like KAC, Noveske, etc.

I understand that most of the US market is focused on "affordable" guns and the VP9 is a wheel of a deal at its current pricing but it rubbed me the wrong way.

any yes I know we are but a small subset of the overall market, but still.

Premium Member
1. if you didn't answer like this, you really shouldn't be here to begin with 馃お
View attachment 309970

2. I really hate that HK levels itself against the likes of Glock, Smith & Wesson, FN, Im not keen on Sig Sauer but I know that they have some quality stuff. Just like all the rest of the makes listed but when I think HK my mind = PREMIUM. all the above to me = mid-range? This isn't to say anything related to "poor" or anything like that. in my opinion, it really dilutes the brand to rank them among the "Eh to good" manufacturers. I would've preferred to see more high end listed like KAC, Noveske, etc.

I understand that most of the US market is focused on "affordable" guns and the VP9 is a wheel of a deal at its current pricing but it rubbed me the wrong way.

any yes I know we are but a small subset of the overall market, but still.
I did the survey earlier and was dissapointed that there was no room to offer opinions. I'm not much on the VPglock but the kids out there and the Redidiots seem to like them. I've had several and they just don't do it for me. The Walther PDP full size 9 works well for me, hoping for a .40 and a .45 soon.
George

Reactions: DevilDog61

Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
Where was this survey?

Premium Member
Where was this survey?
They sent links in a email.

Waste of time. It was just a generic survey with only the 3 HK related questions shown in the first post. The rest of the questions were how likely are you to recommend various brands to others on a 1-10 scale.

BTW, for the question about HK鈥檚 prices being reasonable and fair, I didn鈥檛 strongly agree, just agreed. I guess I don鈥檛 belong here.

Registered
Lol... HK prices Are Not reasonable and fair.

Premium Member
Maybe if we all answered that they are all too damn expensive they would give us a break.

I would buy them more often if they didn鈥檛 take so long to save for.

I have other vices, I mean hobbies you know. Guitars and knives are costly too.

Registered
@HK CS1 why don't you create a poll here at HKPro instead of having a third party company gather info and who knows what they will do with it later? I believe your target audience will be far greater than a spam email.
^ This 100%

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my thoughts on this as a whole are as follows: Premium Brand = Premium Price. I get that pricing is subjective and all, but that's why we lust after expensive things. Think Rolex vs Timex, there are those who say "tells time just as well..." but others understand the value and craftsmenship. Guns are non-essential items and don't need to be picked up as frequently as other items, and thus quality over quantity for me. MSRP is perfectly fine, issue is that with 99% of retailers the pricing is subjective and up to dealer discretion. hence why a $2800 gun sells for $1k more, nothing Hk can do aside from increasing supply but that's another headache regarding Germany.

Doing a poll on the forum would be neat for a deep dive into there customer base, but they hire these companies to deal with all the information and data and present it to the lesser knowledgeable people in the higher up levels. Plus its much wider and all encompassing as to those who have purchased from HK directly and had their emails captured. remember the really active users here are more of the serious guys who have multiples and serious $$$ into their Hk's, yes we do have guys who only have a single VP9 and they are welcome :) but they are not the norm in activity aside from a newbie question or two. By doing the spam (targeted customer survey) they can ask people who may have 1 USP or 20+ P7M13's more diverse data sets from more people.

All in all I'm not bothered by HK's strategy or their offerings. Im just not keep on them ranking themselves among lower-tier makers as it really rubbed me the wrong way. I mean Sig is fine, and MAYBE FN, but to rank among Glock, and S&W? 馃ぎ

Premium Member
Where was this survey?

Registered
The spam email method might be efficient in getting those that bought from the webstore but I think there are plenty of users that might have bought a used gun, neglecting those numbers [possible revenue] is shortsighted. If they really wanted to find out what their current user base want they should have asked relevant questions.

Do you own a firearm? lol, I visit the HK webstore for the carpet and sweaters...

I wonder how much Charge Media Partners is charging for this silly questionnaire.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The spam email method might be efficient in getting those that bought from the webstore but I think there are plenty of users that might have bought a used gun, neglecting those numbers [possible revenue] is shortsighted. If they really wanted to find out what their current user base want they should have asked relevant questions.

Do you own a firearm? lol, I visit the HK webstore for the carpet and sweaters...

I wonder how much Charge Media Partners is charging for this silly questionnaire.

Sir I only buy the T shirts.

Registered
@HK CS1 why don't you create a poll here at HKPro instead of having a third party company gather info and who knows what they will do with it later? I believe your target audience will be far greater than a spam email.
Are we their 鈥渢arget鈥 audience tho?

Or just a subset of their overall consumer base?

I didnt think the survey was indicating that they are on the same level as the other majpr brands in terms of quality. But they are in direct competition in the fact that they are all major easily recognizable brands. Not niche.

An HK purchase is not necessarily a sale for Glock that got away. Being that HK owners (like me) are snobs and not in the market for a Glock under any condition.

But a Glock sale could鈥檝e been a would-be HK sale if HK knew how to target that audience better or if the consumer simply didn't know of HK. And trust me, that happens. I know plenty of first time gun owners that have no idea what an HK is but would鈥檝e bought a VP9 if they did. They bought a Glock because Glock is synonymous with handgun.

No telling if the survey is worth a damn or what they were going for. Just spitballing.

Registered
I'm as big a HK fan or more than most but this survey wasn't much better than a BOGO survey for a free 6 PC nugget. Put a comment section please. I'll still give them my money though...:LOL:

Registered
I'm not filling this thing out . Too generic and I get enough bull**** as it is .
Create an email just for social media/forums/spam and never open it until you need to verify the email address.
When you register on a website, for your name just add the websites name at the end of the user's name and see which ones sell/give away your info.
e.g. First name - Crashmcathkwebshop

Registered
Create an email just for social media/forums/spam and never open it until you need to verify the email address.
When you register on a website, for your name just add the websites name at the end of the user's name and see which ones sell/give away your info.
e.g. First name - Crashmcathkwebshop
This ain't HK ......screw 'em !

1 - 20 of 51 Posts