HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, before you get your hopes up, understand that the information provided by HK CustSvc to my initial inquiry is not exactly what would be described as earth shattering. But the response did come quickly. :D Anyway, still trying to follow up using the honey rather than vinegar approach. I know there are a lot of Californians who would appreciate a sincere and informative answer to the DoJ compliance question I posed. If nothing else, you do get the distinct impression that HK is committed to making the pistol available to Californians in one way or another:

http://www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?p=5921#5921

·
Registered
7 Posts
according to an LE rep with HK that I spoke with last week said the HK45 should be released late November of this year. Unknown when it will approved for California though

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hmmm...

Well....you gotta trust the guys at Trustville!

...and I know that sounds silly coming from the guy who made the one and only Hk45 video in existence to date...:5:

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
HK45 - I need I need! I want I want! Nuff said.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's a good thing I live in Arizona. Suckers.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Awesome, I was getting pretty impatient and was about to settle for the P30 for now. Now all I have to do is find a HK45 to buy when they are released.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Awesome, I was getting pretty impatient and was about to settle for the P30 for now. Now all I have to do is find a HK45 to buy when they are released.
Get the P30 now to keep you company until the HK45 comes out. It is working great for me :D.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
WANT, NEED, MUST HAVE!!! I really want one of the first run German guns, probably silly, in fact I will probably have one of each?

Mark 71, I'll probably get a P30 too... God this sickness known as HK is terrible....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
WANT, NEED, MUST HAVE!!! I really want one of the first run German guns, probably silly, in fact I will probably have one of each?
Mark 71, I'll probably get a P30 too... God this sickness known as HK is terrible....
Get one as you won't be disappointed with it. Next to the P7M8 the P30 is my favorite handgun (so far). I too am craving the first run German HK45 and Compact. The HK bug has bitten me bad :410:

·
Registered
569 Posts
My problem is funding for both...I want the German made Hk45/ P30.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I don't understand why it would not be legal in CA. Refresh my memory, capacity on the HK45 is 10rnds. right? So whats the problem about CA, thats their limit correct?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't understand why it would not be legal in CA. Refresh my memory, capacity on the HK45 is 10rnds. right? So whats the problem about CA, thats their limit correct?
The democrats in California are now using "safety" as their excuse to restrict our 2nd Amendment rights. California law states that a new production pistol may not be imported into the state unless it possesses a laundry list of "safety" features (this merely being a prerequisite for possible inclusion on the official DOJ "approved list"). The dem's newest additions to this list of necessary safety features (which is ever changing) includes both the magazine disconnect safety, and the loaded chamber indicator, neither of which has been included on the HK45 at present. There are some rumors floating about hinting that HK may have submitted the HK45 design for approval to Cali prior to these latest restrictions going into effect, thus introducing the possibility that the HK45 could be grandfathered in under the old statute. Unfortunately, HK has been unwilling thus far to confirm or deny these rumors.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The democrats in California are now using "safety" as their excuse to restrict our 2nd Amendment rights. California law states that a new production pistol may not be imported into the state unless it possesses a laundry list of "safety" features (this merely being a prerequisite for possible inclusion on the official DOJ "approved list"). The dem's newest additions to this list of necessary safety features (which is ever changing) includes both the magazine disconnect safety, and the loaded chamber indicator, neither of which has been included on the HK45 at present. There are some rumors floating about hinting that HK may have submitted the HK45 design for approval to Cali prior to these latest restrictions going into effect, thus introducing the possibility that the HK45 could be grandfathered in under the old statute. Unfortunately, HK has been unwilling thus far to confirm or deny these rumors.
You would think that the group that is forced to carry these guns everyday (LEOs) would be clamoring for these safety features. I think that perhaps LEOs need them more than us as they carry their guns more than non-LEOs do. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow...its getting scary lately. I keep telling everyone that there is no way in hell that we will ever get like the UK, Australia, Etc. The American people would never let the government take away their second amendment rights. We may have some silly laws, but the ban is over and all is well. Sheesh...am I a fool. I didn't realize how bad some states have it. Im in NY and its bad, but I can still have any handgun I want (10rds) and full carry. I didnt know how bad Cali. was or even Mass. Little by little the Dems. are taking away our rights. They are picking and choosing what and were they do it so that we don't join together and go against them. Makes you stop and think...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wow...its getting scary lately. I keep telling everyone that there is no way in hell that we will ever get like the UK, Australia, Etc. The American people would never let the government take away their second amendment rights. We may have some silly laws, but the ban is over and all is well. Sheesh...am I a fool. I didn't realize how bad some states have it. Im in NY and its bad, but I can still have any handgun I want (10rds) and full carry. I didnt know how bad Cali. was or even Mass. Little by little the Dems. are taking away our rights. They are picking and choosing what and were they do it so that we don't join together and go against them. Makes you stop and think...
Don't automatically blame the democrats for everything in CA. I'm a registered Democrat and I own 5 firearms (and aiming for at least 3 more within the next 4 months.. 4 if the P30 somehow manages to make its way in). While I'm sure many laws are authored by Democrats, don't forget that our good pal Arnie didn't help much either when he passed the firing pin microstamping bill.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Forgive me...I did not intend to insult or upset you. Its hard for me not to blame them (Democrats) when I have to live with the Clintons. I was a big fan of Arnie when he was a movie star. I thought he was going to do great things for Cali, but I must say that Im not impressed with him and would never vote for him given the chance.

Don't automatically blame the democrats for everything in CA. I'm a registered Democrat and I own 5 firearms (and aiming for at least 3 more within the next 4 months.. 4 if the P30 somehow manages to make its way in). While I'm sure many laws are authored by Democrats, don't forget that our good pal Arnie didn't help much either when he passed the firing pin microstamping bill.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't automatically blame the democrats for everything in CA.
We don't. Nor do we assume that every democrat in California is hostile to the 2nd Amendment. But, if we value our intellectual honesty to any extent, then we have to be willing to admit that the democrats are far and away the driving force behind all the problems that plague California gun owners. All we can ask is that you champion the cause when the subject comes up in casual conversation with your democratic friends. A grassroots movement in favor of the 2nd Amendment within the ranks of the democratic party in California would go a long, long way toward improving our situation.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts