HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else think the recent shipment of SP5K-PDWs that came in the end of June was oddly small? Anecdotally it seems like almost all of the shipment went to Scheels stores. I haven't heard of / seen many others floating around at other gun stores and haven't seen many new (authentic) listings on Gunbroker.

Fingers crossed that means a bigger shipment is coming in July?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree, I was really expecting to see a bunch popping up since some were saying some of the Scheels locations got 20+ guns in, but I don't even know if that's true. <2000 guns for all of the U.S. after nearly a year isn't that impressive.

There's probably an ACE hardware somewhere in the middle of nowhere with a pallet of them. 😂

I'd love to see how many people are actively seeking them out (ie. email notifications, checking gun broker daily, etc.) that would go a long way to predicting when the supply will catch up with the demand and we might start seeing some reasonable prices again.

There can't honeslty be that many people willing to drop $4k+ on this gun can there?

·
Registered
170 Posts
All I know after speaking to the lady when I picked up my sp5-pdw was that they sold out their entire allotment in 30min. I remember when I picked up my sp5 from Scheels, they sold those in an hour. The North Texas market is hot for guns.
if you want one, I suggest you leave your name with the dealers and they will contact you when they get them in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's still limited production. HK took away the limited production page but that didn't mean all the guns that were on it stopped being limited. They clearly care more about making and profiting off the full size. Rectangle Font Line Slope Parallel

·
Registered
69 Posts
Seems like more SP5's are being imported more often than the PDWs. Is there any reason as to why? Is it more expensive or more time consuming to produce a PDW vs an SP5?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have no idea why people can’t grasp this limited production bit but it sure is funny reading all these posts trying to figure out where all the PDWs are... truck loads more on the way (y)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
PDW has gotten harder to get the last couple of months. Some of these dealers only get 1. And chances are internal employees get first dibs. Then if the owner is greedy they will charge a ton or throw it on gun broker. I don't think people realize how rare it is for one to hit the wild at MSRP, unless being sold by a major chain who only charges MSRP.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
My LGD has stores at least 5 stores in a 2 state region. When I asked the clerk at my store if the "main" store gets the first choice on the guns with small production. He shook his head yes, and told me I figured it out. Not much of a chance of me getting a PDW from them. They don't have a "list". I have a SP5, and if I could, I would buy a PDW.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Seeing a large influx of SP5Ks on gunbroker. There are 8 right now, one has a buy it now of $3k… I’m super tempted to pull the trigger, but the accepted payment methods kind of concern me despite the positive feedback. Any tips for buying safely on gunbroker? I’m not trying to get burned and lose all my money. Curious those of you that bought a SP5k from gunbroker…what payment method did you use?

I know PayPal doesn’t accept payments for guns according to terms of service. Are there any platforms that offer some buyer protection? I’ve never ordered a firearm online before and this one is particularly expensive.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seeing a large influx of SP5Ks on gunbroker. There are 8 right now, one has a buy it now of $3k… I’m super tempted to pull the trigger, but the accepted payment methods kind of concern me despite the positive feedback. Any tips for buying safely on gunbroker? I’m not trying to get burned and lose all my money. Curious those of you that bought a SP5k from gunbroker…what payment method did you use?

I know PayPal doesn’t accept payments for guns according to terms of service. Are there any platforms that offer some buyer protection? I’ve never ordered a firearm online before and this one is particularly expensive.
Stay away from that $3,000 buy now - I looked at that posting earlier tonight and it's definitely a scam. ****ty photos, minimal description, and low seller rating (it's got A+ feedback but on a very small number of transactions).

It could be a deal but with those 2 payment methods if it's a scam you are out of luck. I think it's a scam and I'm staying away

Edit: as a rule of thumb on gunbroker I don't play ball unless they've got at least 25+ A rated feedback, especially if it's something desirable and expensive like the SP5K PDW

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stay away from that $3,000 buy now - I looked at that posting earlier tonight and it's definitely a scam. ****ty photos, minimal description, and low seller rating (it's got A+ feedback but on a very small number of transactions).

It could be a deal but with those 2 payment methods if it's a scam you are out of luck. I think it's a scam and I'm staying away
10-4, I appreciate your thoughts. My gut says no go too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts