HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just concerned that the off center issue with the dustcover on the VP9 would change the point of aim by moving around......

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Streamlight TLR-4 will almost line up with the front of the gun. It is a little lighter than other options, and much more affordable

The Streamlight TLR-2 is a more durable unit with more run time, but it will stick out in front of the barrel (a look that I like).

The Surefire X400 and the Viridian X5L are higher end and really expensive.

Duty guns rarely have lasers mounted. Most are using TLR-1s or X300s. Holster options for any of the above are very limited if existing at all. Most laser/light combos are used for home defense, and if so, too bright of a light in a house interior can be a problem. If it is a HD gun with no duty requirement, either a TLR-4 or TLR-2 should do the trick. The TLR-2 comes with a green laser option, which is more visible than the red in various conditions.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Green lasers are also wildly more expensive. I have never had a problem seeing red. I currently have a TLR-2HL on my VP9. I'm thinking about moving that to the Mark 23 and getting a Viridian or Surefire compact for the VP9 though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TLR-2 or TLR-2 HL is what I want for my P30L, because I can't justify the expense of a Surefire or Viridian. I love the look of both the Surefire and Viridian though.

I also have to figure out how to get a holster for whichever choice I decide, and a TLR-2 holster although rare does seem possible. X300 also, but holsters for an X400 or Viridian are as rare as purple unicorns.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thank's for the help. Most likely go with the TLR-2 so I can get the green laser.......
You will be much happier with the green over the red. Green in much more visible in daylight. I tried to upload a few comparison photos of TLR2G vs. TLR4 for you but it keeps failing for some reason. The upload for photo of my VP9 also failed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts