HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P2000 V3 and I don't mind the da/sa trigger system but I am used to shooting glocks and I keep reading that the LE trigger is similar. They are about a 10 lb pull though aren't they? Do you feel that rapid follow up shots are hard to place compared to a V3? Can the trigger pull of the LE be shortened to that 5.5 lb pull of glock? This would be nice. How is the reset on the LE as well. Will it be consistent with the initial pull? Thanks for the info. I just want to know which will be the more ideal "combat/self defense" pistol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The stock LEM pull is about 8 lbs. I can't really comment too much on the stock configuration as I change all my LEM guns to the 5 1/2 lbs pull. I really like that setup and am most comfortable with it. Follow up shots are just as fast when shooting both V1 LEM and V3 pistols. I like LEM because I like the consistent trigger pull for every shot. Reset is the same between the pistols so that is not an issue.

It all comes down to what works better for you, neither one is better than the other they are just different.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock LEM pull is about 8 lbs. I can't really comment too much on the stock configuration as I change all my LEM guns to the 5 1/2 lbs pull. I really like that setup and am most comfortable with it. Follow up shots are just as fast when shooting both V1 LEM and V3 pistols. I like LEM because I like the consistent trigger pull for every shot. Reset is the same between the pistols so that is not an issue.

It all comes down to what works better for you, neither one is better than the other they are just different.
So was LEM created through politics, or through necessity for "real life" follow up shots in a combat situation. Also how did you configure your LEM to go from the 8lbs pull to a 5 1/2 lb??? This is ideal for me. Do you group well with the LEM vs. a V3 set up?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think it was created for LE departments to complete with the glock type action with a consistent trigger pull and for those who didn't want to deal with the DA/SA transition. My groupings are now better with the 5 lbs LEM than with the v3's....I guess I have just gotten so used to them anything else feels weird.

Now my USPc 9mm with the Combat Competition LEM is a frickin laser beam. it breaks at about low 4 lbs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was created for LE departments to complete with the glock type action with a consistent trigger pull and for those who didn't want to deal with the DA/SA transition. My groupings are now better with the 5 lbs LEM than with the v3's....I guess I have just gotten so used to them anything else feels weird.

Now my USPc 9mm with the Combat Competition LEM is a frickin laser beam. it breaks at about low 4 lbs.
I imagine they don't have this set up for the P2000 do they.... :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
i too was looking into this for my v3 uspc .40. only thing is, this is my ccw. not sure i want such a light pull on something that doesn't have a safty and is my everyday carry weapon. it's just one of those "you never know" situations.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i too was looking into this for my v3 uspc .40. only thing is, this is my ccw. not sure i want such a light pull on something that doesn't have a safty and is my everyday carry weapon. it's just one of those "you never know" situations.
But from what I hear the LE trigger isn't light at all. SA is light.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also how did you configure your LEM to go from the 8lbs pull to a 5 1/2 lb??? This is ideal for me.
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with instructions. It is by Big Bore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I should probably just stick with my V3. I mean there's nothing wrong with it. The SA pull is at that 5lb mark. I'm just curious I guess....

·
Registered
404 Posts
lem

the whole idea behind the lem/glock trigger is that yes there is always the same amount of pressure for every pull but also for police when involved in a shooting they feel that with single action since the trigger is so easily pulled officers tend to shoot a lot of rounds at the target without realizing it. with the "toughter pull" of the lem it is supposed to reduce the # of shots fired. what they dont tell you is that (for nJ and NY law enforcement) when deadly force is authorized it doesnt matter if you fire 1 shot or 10000000 shots as long as you were justified to shoot in the first place you are good. the public hears that a cops fired 50 rounds and start screaming excessive force. so departments look for ways to cover themselves - one being lem/glock triggers that require more force (and thus attention of the shooter) to fire.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the whole idea behind the lem/glock trigger is that yes there is always the same amount of pressure for every pull but also for police when involved in a shooting they feel that with single action since the trigger is so easily pulled officers tend to shoot a lot of rounds at the target without realizing it. with the "toughter pull" of the lem it is supposed to reduce the # of shots fired. what they dont tell you is that (for nJ and NY law enforcement) when deadly force is authorized it doesnt matter if you fire 1 shot or 10000000 shots as long as you were justified to shoot in the first place you are good. the public hears that a cops fired 50 rounds and start screaming excessive force. so departments look for ways to cover themselves - one being lem/glock triggers that require more force (and thus attention of the shooter) to fire.
AHHHHH I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts