HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered my first H&K from a local shop listed on the H&K website as an H&K dealer. I placed the order mid-November. I still haven't
received firearm. I ordered a H&K USC. Is this normal lead time for H&K?

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
dealers generally buy from wholesalers, not the mfg directly.

There are enough folks that have them in stock I'd look at doing a transfer from another dealer.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Hope you didn't pay up front for the gun....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No money exchanged. Good local shop that I've dealt with several times before. They told me they could save me a few $$ if they went direct to H&K instead of a wholesaler.
I'll stop by and see what's happening.

Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
It will take around 3 months. They will give you an estimate of "2-3 weeks" followed by "next week" for 3 months before they say "oops, the order got lost in the holiday rush, we'll have it out to you in 3 days" before you finally get it. That's exactly what happened to me when I had my gunshop order directly from HK in November last year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still waiting. . .

Stopped in and spoke with shop I placed the order with from yesterday. They are still waiting to hear from H&K. He did remind me that he warned me prior to ordering that the wait time
would be long. So far it's been 11 weeks. I wonder what the definition of a "long wait" will be?

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today I will get info

After making numerous visits to the gun shop where I ordered the USC, I am told today is the day I will find out when the gun is coming in.
I have been uncharacteristically patient. I stopped by the shop yesterday and was told they would put another phone call into H&K to get me an answer.

I explained it's been 4 months. Either I get the answer or cancel the order. Now I know why I hate being patient.

Mike

·
2,832 Posts
funny and true :D

It will take around 3 months. They will give you an estimate of "2-3 weeks" followed by "next week" for 3 months before they say "oops, the order got lost in the holiday rush, we'll have it out to you in 3 days" before you finally get it. That's exactly what happened to me when I had my gunshop order directly from HK in November last year.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Just another reason to say no thanks and just keep looking until you find one you can actually hold. I hate ordering guns unseen. Fer example... the Shrike. I still know people that haven't received their guns ordered some 9 years ago... and then all of a sudden you have a "stocking dealer" pop up with inventory. That's bull pucky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Waiting

Thought I'd be able to do that by going to a shop that is listed on the H&K website as an authorized dealer. Also it's a shop where I know guys there
and have purchased from before. Never a problem in the past, but was never an H&K in the past.

Mike

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The USC is just difficult to ascertain stock with locals. Personally, I've never seen it local. You really have only three good choices for getting one in the near future. Used off of a forum or gunbroker, or new either through AviatorDave for $1250 shipped (if he has any more, see his thread in Long Guns for Sale forum) or from Bud's Gun Shop in Lexington, KY, for $1299 shipped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The latest word

The latest word is the guy who I have know for 10 years at the store called the H&K rep to come in and give him an answer. Last Friday, the word from the rep. was, "I'll look into it."

I was warned this is what it would be like to deal with H&K. All you folks on the forum said this is the way it would be dealing with H&K.

Hey, H&K, how about a little help?

Mike "running out of patience"

·
Registered
44 Posts
getting stuff through distro seems to be faster, unless your dealer is a high volume HK dealer. The only dealer I have dealt with that actually had good luck ordering direct with HK was one that hosted "HK demo days" where the rep would come in with a huge inventory for sale and demos to try out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts