HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leather vs. Kydex, Just wondering which is harder on the finnish of a HK pistol?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Every holster will wear your finish somewhere at least a little. I am a custom kydex holster maker. I advise all my customers to use a silicone cloth on the holster and weapon surfaces. It greatly reduces wear (to almost nothing, as the Mad Hugarian suggested) and provides for a smooooth draw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Holster wear

Every holster will wear your finish somewhere at least a little. I am a custom kydex holster maker. I advise all my customers to use a silicone cloth on the holster and weapon surfaces. It greatly reduces wear (to almost nothing, as the Mad Hugarian suggested) and provides for a smooooth draw.
Pete10 is right on! I have a "Slide Guard" from Highnoon holsters and it has the optional liner in it. It makes my draws very smooth & re-holstering smooth also, but I do expect to have some degree of wear on the finish. Friction, nomatter what kind will have some effect on your guns finish. I do wipe my USP 40f with a silicone cloth and it does improve drawing & holstering the gun! Take care & be safe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts