HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everybody. Brand new here. I was referred by a poster at THR who said I might be able to get some help here...

I just purchased a NIB USP Compact in .40 S&W. I've already had it to the range once, and it is, without a doubt, the best pistol I own. But the main reason I bought this pistol was that the USP safety/decocker lever can be relocated to the right side of the pistol, putting it in reach of left handed shooters.

I assumed that this was something my local gunsmith could do. However, after I bought it, I learned (from the store that sold it to me, Sportsman's Warehouse) that the nearest H&K licensed armorer is in Atlanta, Georgia (I'm in Grapevine, Texas in the DFW metroplex), and that if I want this work done, I have to ship my gun to Atlanta because H&K is supposedly not releasing this part (the left handed lever) to outside armorers.

I need to know A) is this true; B) if not, then where can I take it; and 3) is it possible to just buy the part somewhere myself and do the switch myself?

Any light anybody can shed on this would be welcomed. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoever told you that HK won't sell it is full of crap.

Call HK CS. 205-655-8299

It's really easy to install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoever told you that HK won't sell it is full of crap.

Call HK CS. 205-655-8299

It's really easy to install.
Thanks for the info. I phoned that number and had to leave a voicemail. I'll go ahead and order the part when they call me back. What's involved in the installation - keeping in mind that I am not a gunsmith? (Or, would it be better to just take the pistol and the part to my local gunsmith?)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I dont believe there is to much involved. I am not 100% sure though. If you PM me I will send you something that can help you out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
After taking my USP's apart a number of times, I would say swapping out control levers is fairly easy, but you can run into trouble. The first time I did it I messed up my flat spring and had hammer follow until I replaced it. The safe bet is sending it to HK.

·
Registered
616 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts