HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start this off by saying that I have a registered reciever/push pin MP5 so I'm assuming having extra tigger packs and like are no big deal. Just makes me wonder is having these items available for purchase by anybody is a problem ?? I remember my uncle telling me about Wal-Mart selling M16's that were "barely" semi-auto and could be converted easily.

Please don't be too hard on a newbie, I just know the ATF is pretty picky about what is considered a machine gun. Thanks all.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Let me start this off by saying that I have a registered reciever/push pin MP5 so I'm assuming having extra tigger packs and like are no big deal. Just makes me wonder is having these items available for purchase by anybody is a problem ??
Purchasing a hammer could be a problem, if you intend to use it other then it's intended puropse, ie, smashing someone's skull in, for one. There is no federal law saying you can't sell full auto trigger parts. Where do you think that 02 manuf. get parts? by making them?

the problem becomes when someone buys and assembles a contraban select fire weapon with it.

so who is to be blamed there?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha, I just wasn't sure. I know that I'm fully legal. But we are talking about the government here, who rarely makes sense.

·
Registered
187 Posts
push pin lowers will not work on semi auto hks. so you can have all your want.

now making cutting them to fit the semi shelf is good because it removes the auto sear.

Now if you drill the holes to accept a conversion sear, then the ATF has problems with that

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you have a pushpin reciever you wont have any problem withhaving extra lowers that are in original configuration.They came up with something this year or last,that you could not possess more SEAR READY lowers than you had sears for because according to them th egun could fire F/A with the pack and no sear installed.It would take some work more than just accidentally slipping the lower on a semi HK to make it fire full auto.
I dont know about Wally world selling barely legal M16s though.I think your uncle should keep that one to himself so people dont think less of him.Everythings relative.It depends on how much work you want to do to any gun (AR15/HK etc) to make it full auto,since neither are really easy,relative to how much time you need to spend in prison.
But I think you are Ok with your situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts