HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently own two HK's, a P30 9mm, V2 and a 45c, V1. The P30 LEM is speced at 7#'s, I understand that, but what is the 45c V1 LEM?

The reason I ask is that when searching this site for an answer, some responses are that the 45c V1 is a SA/DA and mine is definately a LEM model. Sheet with the pistol has the correct s/n and states V1, the frame is a LEM frame ( no decocker hole), so what do I have? And what is the specified trigger pull?

Thanks....it's a bit confusing.

May have answered my own question, searched further and found the variants chart that say a 45c LEM is a V7.....is this correct?

·
Registered
759 Posts
The "P" (or "Police") series are numbered differently than the USP/HK45 Combat Series. For the 45c, you are correct that LEM is V7. You can have "light LEM" (~5lbs), "medium LEM" (~6.5lbs) and "heavy LEM" (~8lbs). The "P" series numbers there is V1 ("light LEM"), V2 ("heavy LEM") and I don't think I've ever seen a "medium LEM". The differences between the LEM versions basically come down to combinations of the heavy or light FPBS and TRS.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally understand, called HK to clarify. Also forgot the decocker on the 45c is not on the back of the frame. The only HK's I've handled extensively are LEM versions, no safeties.

Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
When you see people referring to V1 LEM on HK45, HK45C, or USP/USPc, they're using the term incorrectly. It should have been Light LEM.
V1 LEM (or V2 LEM) are specific to P-series only (e.g: P30, P30L, P2000, and P2000SK).

If the sheet that came with your HK45c says V1, then that means it came from factory as a DA/SA model, and someone must have converted it to LEM (either Light or Heavy).

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
All HK45/HK45C LEM pistols without a safety lever are V7. There are no V-numbers for different LEM trigger weights in these pistols, nor in the USP models. HK did us no favors with the P2000/P30 variant numbers but keep in mind these were all intended to be LEM only, no DA/SA versions. These came later in response to the North American market.

The lowest trigger weight I can get with my HK45C is a measured 5.7 pounds. This is without internal polishing and probably still under 1000 rounds. Pistol came from the factory as LEM and the trigger weight was in excess of 9 pounds -- as standard LEM is intended to be. (My USP9C is 5.2 pounds.)

Ordering anything in Light LEM is problematical and maybe a long wait. But it's just a couple of $5 springs to change down (or up).

-- Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts