HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a USP/f Stainless that just happens to be a V.2 (I'm a southpaw). I've been trying to sell it with no luck, so I am seriously considering just doing a LEM conversion on it and keeping it as it's a great shooter. Short of sending it to HK, how much is a conversion kit, where do I get it, and does anyone know who does HK work in IL. I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure it's something I feel comfortable doing.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just send it to HK. You can ship it right to them and they ship it right back to you. Plus, while many people do work on HK's if there is a later down the line warranty issue, its always better to have any initial work actually done by HK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the turnaround time and any idea what the cost is?

·
Registered
616 Posts
For my USPf it took them less than 7 days. The cost including overnight return shipping was around $175. The big theing with the time factor is if they have the LEM kits in stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a bit steep for a half hour job and maybe $50 in parts. I'd be better off in getting the conversion kit and having someone local do it as it's not complex--might even talk myself into having at it as it's not rocket science. I'll leave the gun on the market a bit longer as I'm busy with other related endeavors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's kind of a shame HK doesn't list armorers at least for pistol work. Then again service to mere citizens is not HKs strength. I'm glad I can do my own Glock work and don't have to spend hours searching for parts to do so.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I posted directions for converting the USP/C to LEM at the very top of this forum, both with retaining the safety and ditching it. It is easy to do but if you don't feel comfortable it is a wise man that knows his limits.
There are no authorized service HK people outside of HK-Trussville Alabama. Anyone else doing the conversion will void the warranty just the same as if you do it yourself and that is straight off HK-USA's web forum site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts