HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After purchasing the HK LEM universal from TGS(Hi Michele) I went to Carrera's video and performed the job, about 1 hour but I did not rush.....also searched for trigger spring square leg install and performed that too...............I ccw this HK so the heavy trigger spring feels better to me............butI did notice after 1st part of job the stock light trigger spring was smooth but I thought it was a little too light...............by the way the HK functions perfectly and I just cant wait for some range time.............

so a few questions

heavy LEM= short heavy hammer spring and square heavy trigger spring
light LEM=stock spring and stock light spring

so what is -----short heavy hammer spring and stock light spring??
stock hammer spring and heavy trigger spring?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Lets see if I can shed some light.

Light LEM - Light TRS, Light Firing Pin Block Spring (FPBS), Heavy Hammer Spring
Todd Green Special - Heavy TRS, Light FPBS, Light Hammer Spring
Medium LEM - Heavy TRS, Light FPBS, Heavy Hammer Spring
Heavy LEM - Heavy TRS, Heavy FPBS, Heavy Hammer Spring

I have the Todd Green Special on my P2000 and I think it's perfect. Lighter break with a solid reset.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. One more question. Does the HK 45c come stock with light or heavy firing pin spring?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If it's V1, it should be the light one. By only changing the LEM kit and the hammer spring, you should end up with Light LEM. If you want it a little heavier on the reset, change out the TRS. I have not had any issues with light primer strikes with the light hammer spring, but YMMV.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Light LEM - Light TRS, Light Firing Pin Block Spring (FPBS), Heavy Hammer Spring
If it's V1, it should be the light one. By only changing the LEM kit and the hammer spring, you should end up with Light LEM. If you want it a little heavier on the reset, change out the TRS. I have not had any issues with light primer strikes with the light hammer spring, but YMMV.
Are you sure about the Heavy Hammer Spring in Light LEM? It should be Light HS for Light LEM, not Heavy.
The HK45C V1 should already have the light hammer spring. So if you want Light LEM, you shouldn't have to change the hammer spring.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Are you sure about the Heavy Hammer Spring in Light LEM? It should be Light HS for Light LEM, not Heavy.
The HK45C V1 should already have the light hammer spring. So if you want Light LEM, you shouldn't have to change the hammer spring.
That's what I thought too, but I recall someone correcting me on that I while back. I'm honestly not sure at this point.

ETA: I stopped being lazy and found it.

The numbers for V1, V2, and V4 look correct based on what HK's web site says...well, what it used to say, it has recently changed but for now Google still has the page cached with the pull weights. I do not know where the 6.6 lbs number came from for the TGS, but I'm sure that measurement wasn't taken by the same person who measured V1, V2, and V4 for HK's web site...so it may be correct but just not taken with the same equipment and technique as the other numbers, so it cannot be directly compared.

In my experience, with a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge and my best amateur attempts at consistent technique, the numbers on HK's web site are on the low side by 1.5 lb or so. My personal numbers on a P30L V3 converted to LEM: V3 SA = 6 lb, V1 = 5 lb 14 oz, V4 = 7 lb 11 oz, TGS = 6 lb 15 oz. Also, LEM with all three light springs = 5 lb 2 oz.

The post on M4C that Guy linked to is the first time I've seen someone say the hammer spring needs to be changed to go from V2 to V1. For example, this thread, this thread, and this thread support just changing out the FPBS and TRS. Then doing a search I just now came across this thread I'd never seen before which mentions some P30 V2 models need the HS replaced as well (though it doesn't mention the part number), and then in this thread someone says HK told them to go to the light HS for V1. As far as I know the internet is always right so I don't know what to make of this impossible contradiction.
:8:

I guess all I know for sure is I'm happy with my P30L in V1, and I'm confident it's V1 since the pull weight is the same as the SA when it was V3, which is what HK says on their web site. Good luck to whoever wants to really get to the bottom of this! :wink:
This is correct. V1 is not #214300
It's from this thread.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/140436-definitive-p30-p30l-lem-trigger-chart.html

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Not to dispute what you're saying, but the LEM configurations in the P30/P30L/P2000/P2000SK are different from ones in the USP/USPc/HK45/HK45c. All the information referenced in your post are based on the P30 series. The HK45/HK45c is much like the USP/USPc and it is different from the P30 series. What this means is that the original V1 hammer spring in the HK45/HK45c is the Light hammer spring and to get Light LEM on these guns, you keep the original hammer spring, which will give you a trigger pull of about 4.5 to 5 lbs (roughly about 4 lbs 12 ozs).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My buddy says his HK spring might be installed incorrectly so to pose another question............

is the trigger spring's right leg facing the hammer suppose to stick out the bottom of the trigger on the right?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
My buddy says his HK spring might be installed incorrectly so to pose another question............

is the trigger spring's right leg facing the hammer suppose to stick out the bottom of the trigger on the right?
Yes. It rests on a shallow groove on the trigger.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I changed Firing Pin Block Spring to light. It was very easy task. The trigger feels much better now, and not too light. How about fire pin spring? Does it change anything to trigger weight?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
How about fire pin spring? Does it change anything to trigger weight?
No. All the firing pin spring does is pull the firing pin back into the channel after it strikes the primer.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The hammer is cocked (via the cocking piece or inner hammer). There is no load or pre-load (whatever that might be) on the firing pin.

-- Chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts