HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old style USP 40(now 10mm) I converted to LEM. I have had many LEM HKs before and currently. I knew i had the old style USP so i bought the LEM kit and the extra parts needed. My only concern is, if i do not rack the slide nearly 100% it does not "precock" the hammer. I have not shot it yet, so no clue it during live fire will be an issue. Didnt know if anyone has ever seen or heard this before. Any experience or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What is the date code and what other parts did you buy in addition to the LEM kit?
Off thr top of head i want to say its 95, i replaced ll internals except the trigger bar, and plunger i beleive it is Kf so yes 95

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,742 Posts
Is that a booger on the hammer?

Has there been any trigger work done (polishing) on the sear/hammer? Kinda sound like "hammer follow"

·
Registered
247 Posts
Had the same issue on my 94 USP .40. Ended up replacing the trigger with a match trigger, trigger bar, and also the new style hammer strut. I noticed that if i pushed down on the back of the slide when it went all the way back it would lock the hammer in place, if i raised it up (just the little bit of play in the slide) it would not push the hammer far enough back to pre-cock it. Shooting was never an issue due to the velocity of the slide sending the hammer back hard enough.

After replacing those parts i had no issues that i can recall. and after about 500 rounds or so i have had zero issues. Unfortunately i had to replace EVERY piece of the trigger assembly with the exception of the pins that hold it in the frame lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm having this exact issue with my AK dated custom combat. If I push down ever so slightly when working the slide it fully cocks. If I don't intentionally push down it doesn't. Tried firing it and it cocks every time that way but there's obviously something amiss here that I'm missing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts