HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the light block spring and light tr spring in my hk45c. The problem is when going to double action the trigger sticks if I give it the slightest touch it snapps forward and resets. in single action the trigger works as normal you can pull it to the rearmost just before tripping the sear and let go it snaps forward with no problem. It only sticks when going back to double action when dryfiring. What do I need to look for or will it work itself out with some range time?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Installed the light block spring and light tr spring in my hk45c. The problem is when going to double action the trigger sticks if I give it the slightest touch it snapps forward and resets. in single action the trigger works as normal you can pull it to the rearmost just before tripping the sear and let go it snaps forward with no problem. It only sticks when going back to double action when dryfiring. What do I need to look for or will it work itself out with some range time?
Normal. Perfectly normal. Also, I hope you realize you're practicing the double action for second strike capability only. I know you said that, but it bears repeating again. If you want to practice the LEM trigger pull and the LEM trigger reset, you have to rack the slide back. Doing so will always reset the trigger correctly. I don't know what it is exactly, but there's a difference when you rack the slide versus thumb cocking the bobbed hammer which some people do. If you thumb cock the bobbed hammer it may not always reset when practicing LEM trigger pull/reset.

Rack the slide. People say there is also undo stress when you thumb cock anyway. The double action not resetting is normal, however. I practice it on my LEM too, but only because I feel it helps with overall trigger control since you have to really have a good trigger pull to make the gun not move in that double action mode.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
make sure the TRS is seated properly. my reset was slow and I took a small tool and got the spring in exactly the right place. ran it a fewe times to fully set the spring and now its good (fyi its a P2k LEM)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
LEM is never in "double action" unless the pistol is uncocked.

The only way to decock the pistol is to dry fire it.

If you want' to practice trigger squeeze you need to treat the pistol like a M1911, Glock, M&P, or any other single action pistol by cycling the slide between trigger presses.

-- Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts