HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During dry fire, I rack the slide to cycle the action and get a true LEM trigger pull each time.

Is there anything wrong with half-pulling the trigger, then thumbing the hammer back (as if the slide had cycled) to get to the next LEM pull? It's slightly more efficient than ejecting snap-caps and reloading magazines.

·
Registered
759 Posts
As far as I know, there is no issue doing this -- I do it all the time myself. You can also try to rack back the slide partially to hit the reset without ejecting the snap cap, but this is not always as easy as it sounds.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I agree. Mechanically speaking there shouldn't be any issues.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
is it normal for my p2000 to be so hard to rack backwards? i'm guessing the spring must still be new?
You mean it's harder to rack from a decocked state as apposed to after it's been racked and cocked? If that's the case then you have to remember that there is some additional opposing force needed to overcome the cocking of the hammer spring as opposed to a hammer spring that is already in a cocked state. If this isn't the scenario then you'd need to more accurately define "so hard" as that may be another issue. Either way, you may want to start a new thread to address it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts