HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope you guys can clear up some confusion for me. I have done searches and found an answer I can fully understand. I have a USP variant 1 from the mid 90's and want to convert it to the LEM Hybrid trigger, while retaining the safety feature. Can you please tell me exactly what parts I need beyond the LEM kit. I have also seen some posts about needing to udate some parts of the system if converting. Please be as specific as possible. I am fully capable of doing this conversion, but I just can't seem to find out exactly what parts I need. Thank you for your replies.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You ask for detailed information yet provide us with nothing. How does that work? What caliber, what year was it made, and in some cases we may even need the serial number. First of all, you need to clarify what you mean by hybrid. Do you mean the Combat Competition which a hybrid of the match and LEM trigger, or do you just mean a LEM with the safety? The latter is not normally though of as a hybrid.
If you mean the match/LEM hybrid you need both trigger sets, then us some of the parts from the Match, some from the LEM. I'm not going into details since I don't know what you want.
If you just want to retain the safety, then you get the LEM kit only and follow the directions in the Reference Library about switching over to LEM and retaining the safety.
You must also make sure you pistol can be converted to LEM and that it has the two piece catch instead of the one piece catch. If you don't know what you have, look in the Reference Library again and look for the tacked thread on converting to LEM. I am not trying to slam you but if you as unaware of your pistol as it seems I would question if you should do this conversion yourself and so far all your questions are answered in the Reference Library.. Or call HK and tell them exactly what you want and HK will do it for you for a nominal cost and it will be done right regardless of age. They have the parts and know how to convert all of them.
You also did not say what caliber your pistol is or the exact year so you really leave too much for us to guess at. If your pistol is a .45 then it can be converted. If it is a 9mm or .40 then the match parts can only be done if it has a serial number 24-21515 and higher for the 9mm and 22-36242 and higher for the .40. If your pistol has a serial number lower than this it must go to HK for the match trigger conversion and I am not sure how that would work out with the LEM trigger.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry, but I thought I was specific enough. The date code is KG it is a USP45. I do want the LEM/Match Hybrid Trigger, with the safety.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
With a KG date code, I'm not sure if you have the 2-part catch, but like Big Bore has already mentioned, check the catch and make sure you have it.

To install the Match + LEM Hybrid Trigger, you will need the complete LEM kit, but you might not need the whole Match Trigger kit. Why? Because the most expensive part in the Match Trigger Kit is the Match hammer, but you are not going to use it. You're going to use the LEM hammer. It'd be cost effective to just buy the LEM kit, then buy the Match Trigger parts (instead of the whole kit). But if you think you'll be able to resell the Match Hammer later on, go for the whole kit.

Here are the parts that you'll need for the Match Trigger:
1. Match hammer spring - $7.95 (215694 or here)
2. Match TRS - $5.10 (215679)
3. Match trigger - $19 (215684)
4. Overtravel stop - $8.25 (215680)
5. Hex key for the overtravel stop - $8.25 (link here)
6. Flat nickel spring - $11.95 (215691 or here)

Total for the parts - $60.50 plus a few $$$ for shipping. The whole Match Trigger Kit costs ~ $140 (including shipping).

Provided that you have the 2-part catch, you'll need the following parts from the LEM kit. You're going to use the parts as if you were doing a Light LEM.
1. LEM sear
2. LEM hammer
3. Hammer axle
4. Cocking piece
5. Cocking piece spring

The other potential issue is that you might or might not have the new Firing Pin Block/Firing Pin. I don't think you do, but if you do have the new FPB, you will need a light Firing Pin Block Spring as well (209296)

See my other thread for reference.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
So, for a New production USP 45 Tactical, which comes with the Match trigger, I assume you'd just need the LEM parts listed? Thanks,

Rhino

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
So, for a New production USP 45 Tactical, which comes with the Match trigger, I assume you'd just need the LEM parts listed? Thanks,

Rhino
Yes. If you want a more positive trigger reset, use the Heavy TRS that comes with the LEM kit. I played with both TRS (heavy and Match TRS) on mine and they work fine for me so I am sticking with a Match TRS for a Hybrid trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts