HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the light LEM on my HK45C and the trigger won't reset after the first strike. This is just dry firing so after the first strike and I release the trigger, it sticks and I have to nudge it forward to get it to reset. Any advice??

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think the first time I did my USPC, I tried to install the TRS upside down and it may have done this.
Also, when I did my USPC, things got a whole lot smoother when I RemOiled EVERYTHING. Mine was a retired police service pistol, and the armorer there apparently told everyone they only needed to lube the metal slide strips in the frame and nothing else... ugh.

So, if you haven't already, lube every contact point of every moving part and pivot of the firearm - trigger pivot, trigger bar contact points, hammer contact points, etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Normal with the light TRS when you dry fire rack the slide after each trigger pull as you would dry firing a 1911 and the trigger will reset normally.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Are you doing this?

1. Rack Slide
2. Pull Trigger until dry fire
3. Hold trigger back and rack slide
4. Release to reset

If you don't rack the slide, you won't feel the reset because you will be reverting the pistol into true DAO mode.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are you doing this?

1. Rack Slide
2. Pull Trigger until dry fire
3. Hold trigger back and rack slide
4. Release to reset

If you don't rack the slide, you won't feel the reset because you will be reverting the pistol into true DAO mode.
Yeah, I did that...I just won't reset when trying DA after the first dry fire. It works fine when racking the slide for each fire (while holding the trigger back)...I read somewhere that replacing the TRS with the one from the LEM kit will cause the reset to snap back with a bit more force...??

And just so I'm clear...the trigger won't reset at all when attempting to fire DAO...it just sticks there and requires me to nudge it forward...while watching Carrera's video, his trigger seemed to reset just fine in DAO.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Trigger should return forward just fine whether you rack the slide or not - no "nudge" should be required.
Should work with the light spring if everything is lubed properly and nothing is binding.

But try the stiffer spring and see if that works better (it should).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm gonna lube it up tonight and check it. If problem persists I might brave changing the TRS...I hope it's not too difficult...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check to make sure your TRS is installed correctly...

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Yours isnt the first, seems to happen more on the HK45c's (as it did on mine as well). There's a thread buried in here somewhere regarding this, it gave me the patience to shoot thru about 400 rounds before it seemed to "smooth itself out".

Clean it, lube it...shoot it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Install the LEM TRS and you will have a nice positive, Glock like reset instead of (at best when it wears in) a mushy, soft, and limp reset.
The additional pull weight is negated by the benefits in tactile and audible reset.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Install the LEM TRS and you will have a nice positive, Glock like reset instead of (at best when it wears in) a mushy, soft, and limp reset.
The additional pull weight is negated by the benefits in tactile and audible reset.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about doing. What would you say the additional pull weight might be...??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts