HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Catch labeling is correct. I am suffering massive brain farts.

The entire job can be done with needle nose pliers, 1/16 inch punch, 3/32 inch punch, and a dental pick.
I found it easier to take out the "sear complete" before taking out the "sear."

This is the only unclear part. There is a small notch on the left side face of the hammer. The right leg of the spring has a small L-shape bend and this leg rests in the notch. The lower left leg rest against the left side of the sear. A dab of grease here helps hold all three parts together while assembling.

Reactions: switch777

·
Registered
7 Posts
USP Trigger Install

That's terrific information.
Have you, or anyone you know, installed a Tactical trigger in a USPC? Or is that even possible?
Thanks,
Duman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please post instructions for a Variant 7 Conversion from a Variant 1/2 without the LEM Trigger.

I also need a reference for parts and night sights.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry but I cannot do that. I have not done that conversion nor do I have any printed material on that conversion. Your best bet would be to contact HK and let them do it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How would I recognize an LEM USP? A guy wants to sell one and claims it is a "First Generation LEM" USPf .45

He stated that it comes with three 12 round mags that have "For Law Enforcement Only" stamped on them. I asked him about the trigger setup and he seemed confused, so I'm thinking he is using the term "LEM" in reference to the markings on the mags. What should I be looking for to confirm if this pistol does have the LEM trigger setup? Its stamped KI where the date stamp is.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More than likely you are correct. If it were a real LEM it would have had to have been converted. LEM triggers were not out at the time that pistol was made.
First, make sure it is unloaded.
Then see if you can cock the hammer and it stays back. If it does, it's not a DAO and its not an LEM. IF it has a safe or decock lever it more than likely is not an LEM unless it has been converted and the safety retained.
Let's say it is a DAO pistol, with or without control lever.

After making sure it is unloaded, rack the slide and release. Does the hammer stay back? If so, it is not a DAO or an LEM. If the hammer goes forward with the slide when it is released, pull the trigger.
Release and pull the trigger again, doing nothing between trigger pulls.
Do the pulls feel the same? If both pulls are heavy, then it is a standard V5, 6, or V7.
If the first pull feels much lighter than the second pull, then it has been converted to LEM.
But make sure that the hammer does not stay back when the slide is racked, and if the hammer does stay back, use the decocker to see if it decocks and if the safety when up, keeps the gun from firing. My guess is that it will have a safe and decocker that works and it is a standard V1 which is SA, DA, safe, and decock.
If it is a V5 or V6 then it will have a safety but the decocker will not work nor will the hammer stay back when the slide is racked and released.
V7 will will not have a safety or decocker and the hammer will not stay back when the slide is racked and released.

If this guy is what I suspect, he knows nothing about the LEM because the mags to not mean jack squat about it being a LEM, first generation or anything else. Be careful with this guy because he knows just enough to get you into trouble and good luck getting any satisfaction when what you buy is not what he claimed it to be.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If this guy is what I suspect, he knows nothing about the LEM because the mags to not mean jack squat about it being a LEM, first generation or anything else. Be careful with this guy because he knows just enough to get you into trouble and good luck getting any satisfaction when what you buy is not what he claimed it to be.
Amazing break down, thanks so much! I'm going to take your advice and just pass on the deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the stupid newb question, but...

Let's say I was to pick up an HK45.

Let's say I was install the LEM V4 trigger.

Would the thumb safety still be functional?

Thanks.

ETA: found the answer in this thread, though it's about as clear as mud...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big Bore,
Your LEM installtion instructions specifically state they are for "late model " USP pistols. Is there a year of manufacture or serial number range that these instructions apply. THanks.

Tim

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The LEM kit can only be put in USPs with two-piece catches. If your USP 9mm or .40 has the one-piece catch then it cannot be converted to LEM, at least not with just the LEM kit.
Look in the very first post on this thread, page three of HK's instructions for the LEM kit and there is a picture of the one and two piece catches as well as HKs instructions that the LEM kit is only for later pistols with the two-piece catch.
Rather than trying to go by serial number or date code, look at that picture and compare it to your pistol. It will be quite clear immediately if yours is a one-piece or two-piece catch.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for the stupid newb question, but...

Let's say I was to pick up an HK45.

Let's say I was install the LEM V4 trigger.

Would the thumb safety still be functional?

Thanks.

ETA: found the answer in this thread, though it's about as clear as mud...
You have to remember that when these directions were written the HK45 was not even out yet. I have not done a conversion on any HK45/C pistol so cannot speak first hand about them. However, the HK45/C is so similar mechanically to the USP/C that I see no reason why the safety could not be retained and be fully functional (but no decock) just like it is with the USP/C pistols.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The LEM kit can only be put in USPs with two-piece catches. If your USP 9mm or .40 has the one-piece catch then it cannot be converted to LEM, at least not with just the LEM kit.
Look in the very first post on this thread, page three of HK's instructions for the LEM kit and there is a picture of the one and two piece catches as well as HKs instructions that the LEM kit is only for later pistols with the two-piece catch.
Rather than trying to go by serial number or date code, look at that picture and compare it to your pistol. It will be quite clear immediately if yours is a one-piece or two-piece catch.
Thanks Big Bore. I looked at the picture. It looks like I have a 2 piece catch. I can't help but wonder that the picture labeled 2 piece sure looks like it is pointing to a single part, and the picture of a 1 piece sure looks to be pointing to a part that has 2 pieces. Am I missing something? I think the arrow in the picture is pointing to part #37 in the picture. Maybe it is just how it appears in the picture?

Tim

1 - 20 of 151 Posts