HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:2300000: Looking for input from the group. Just bought a new USPc .40. Wanted one for years, finally got it. I carry it off duty, instead of that damned Glock I have to carry when I'm on duty. I love the HK, but I hate the trigger. I'm looking at either having the trigger reworked (something like a C&S 5.5lb trigger job) or having it converted to a LEM. I'm also wondering if I have the LEM installed, would I lose the decock ability with my safety/decocker (V1). I'm thinking that I would. Any info would help, as I'm just learning the in's and out's of this pistol. Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
You will be able to keep the safety by adding a LEM trigger as low as ~5.5#, but you lose the decocking feature do to the LEM trigger being a pre-cocked mechanism.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a local gunsmith replace the springs in both my .45 USPf and .40 USPc. Made what I thought to be a big difference. DA is still long, but noticably lighter. SA is even better than factory.

If you are used to and commited to DA/SA, replacing the spings is a worthwhile investment. Wish I had done it earlier.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Keep in mind if you replace parts you might have warranty issues down the road. Just check to be sure.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My advice for the LEM has always be shoot LEM and nothing else, or no LEM at all. I love it, and in fact its all that I carry, but it is so different from other trigger systems, that it may cause you some momentary confusion in times of need when using another platform.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I think that I'm going to pick up a couple of Wolff springs and give them a try. If it doesn't work, I'm only out a few buck, and it's not permanent. Thanks for the quick replies all!

·
Registered
61 Posts
The LEM felt really strange to me since I am so used to shooting DA/SA so I just ordered some Wolff hammersprings/mainsprings tonight to lighten up the DA pull of my V1 some.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a 10# spring tonight also. I'll report back when I get it installed and put through it's paces. Hopefully it will work out for both of us. :20000000:

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I put in the Match Hammer in mine, polished a few key areas and installed a Wolff mainspring ~ it has a vastly improved pull very close to my other model HK's except for the overtravel adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts