HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here. I have searched, but cannot find the specific answer to my question.

I am hoping to make my P2000 LEM have more of a revolver-like DA break rather than a distinct two-stage trigger feel. Does the TGS configuration give more of a DA feel (less of a pronounced wall)? Based on my understanding of what each spring does, it seems like it should.

My understanding is that the resistance from the TRS is felt throughout the trigger pull, but the firing pin block spring's and the hammer spring's effects should mostly be felt at or just before the trigger break. It seems like a lighter firing pin spring and hammer spring would mainly lower the weight of the final trigger break rather than the takeup portion of the pull. I am imagining it would be sort of like a Glock with the NY trigger spring and 3.5lb connector.

Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is the V2 configuration. I want to reduce the pull weight, but mostly, I want to reduce the difference between the takeup weight and the break weight. It seems like the TGS ought to do that, but the only information that I can find on it focuses mainly just on the reduction in the peak break weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone? I know lots of folks have changed the springs on their LEMs. Just hoping to find out a bit more than simply the peak weight.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Amen

I brought home the HK45 V7. I would like to reduce the pull and how long it takes to get there.

RC

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I went from V2 to V1 (Light LEM) on my P30, twin P2000s and P2000SK.
The only difference in my hands is the pull weight alone.
Nothing else changes.
IMHO you're not going to get a revolver like pull from an OEM LEM variant.
Sorry

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Anyone? I know lots of folks have changed the springs on their LEMs. Just hoping to find out a bit more than simply the peak weight.
You will never get a two staged feel out of LEM. According to my experience and some approximate measurements, I get a smallest relative step up between take-up and trigger break by using heaviest trigger return spring and lightest mainspring available. In my case the gun is P30 so those springs are heavy TRS and 10 lbs hammer spring. I am not well versed in P2000 springs to tell you more but you got the idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I called HK today about my HK45. The CS gent said they can make the trigger lighter but the long pull travel is what it is. I ordered the springs to make it a light LEM.

Even with the long pull the HK 45 is a great tool.

He thought it would be a great thing if there was a VP45 but it was not on his radar.

RC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts