HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of a new carry gun P2000SK and was considering a LEM.
Since I have never really shot a LEM and don't know if I would like it ~ the question is > If I get one in LEM can it be converted back to DA SA (that's V3 in the SK I think) ? I am pretty sure most all can be converted to LEM but wasn't sure if there is an issue going the other way. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
No, they cannot be converted back and forth like the USP's. The LEM has to stay LEM and the SA/DA cannot be converted to another configuration. The frame of the P2000 and SK V2(LEM) are different than the V3 SA/DA. There is a gap in the left side of the frame of the V3 where the de-cock lever goes. The V2 LEM frame has that gap filled in to provide support for the Hammer cocking piece spring. This is the same issue with the new P30.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, good to know.

I will think twice about the SK.

Hell, I really wanted the HK45 anyway.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Like Doby19 said the two triggers can not be converted. Try before you buy as the LEM trigger is pretty much hit or miss for most people. The LEM trigger is nice but I owned two LEM guns and sold both as I prefer the DA/SA trigger.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It's not exactly this way.

LEM can not be converted to V3 - this is true. However V3 can be converted to LEM and then back to V3. I've done it and described procedure and needed parts several times on this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts