HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a NIB BA date code USP Compact .40. It's a made in Germany gun. I have talked with a couple members here about the conversion and parts. Does anyone know if you can buy the var 1 kit for it? Being as it's a new well 24 round old gun I would like to have new or close to new parts. I was told in a different thread to try HK. But I read someplace that HK wouldn't sell them to the public. I know I have the new style firing pin block but I can't find a different part number for the old style and new style spring. A member here gave me a list of parts to get but buying them seprate is going to cost quite a bit.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Hehehe.. They're all made in Germany, except for the HK45 and HK45c (some were, too). I don't know if you can order the parts directly from HK, but I've heard people done it in the past. Go to the HK Customer Service forum on here and post your question, or just call them directly and ask. Or you can always buy them from HKParts.net or Numrich/TopGunSupply.

Why would you want the old FPB? Here's your old-style FPB. And here is the new style FPBS.

Btw, congrats on your new toy!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehehe.. They're all made in Germany, except for the HK45 and HK45c (some were, too). I don't know if you can order the parts directly from HK, but I've heard people done it in the past. Go to the HK Customer Service forum on here and post your question, or just call them directly and ask. Or you can always buy them from HKParts.net or Numrich/TopGunSupply.

Why would you want the old FPB? Here's your old-style FPB. And here is the new style FPBS.

Btw, congrats on your new toy!

Not looking to change the block. I just want to get the corect spring for it.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The correct part should be 209296. The link was given in my first post. It's also in the manual that came with your gun. If you have a V1 LEM, the spring is there already.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
USP V1 is DA/SA.

What you want is Light LEM and that's just a matter of springs.

HK didn't help when they chanced the Variants in the P2000/P30 line where V1 is indeed Light LEM. There is no V-number for Light LEM in the USP or HK45C line.

Reports are the new LEM kits have the springs for Light and Heavy LEM. Ya get Medium by mix and match.

The Firing Pin Block spring in the V1 (DA/SA) pistol is the same as used in Light LEM, so no need to touch it. Retain the main spring/hammer spring and don't touch the Trigger Rebound Spring for now. You'll get Light LEM without messing with the springs.

-- Chuck

-- Chuck

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
USP V1 is DA/SA.

What you want is Light LEM and that's just a matter of springs.

HK didn't help when they chanced the Variants in the P2000/P30 line where V1 is indeed Light LEM. There is no V-number for Light LEM in the USP or HK45C line.

Reports are the new LEM kits have the springs for Light and Heavy LEM. Ya get Medium by mix and match.

The Firing Pin Block spring in the V1 (DA/SA) pistol is the same as used in Light LEM, so no need to touch it. Retain the main spring/hammer spring and don't touch the Trigger Rebound Spring for now. You'll get Light LEM without messing with the springs.

-- Chuck

-- Chuck
I am after the SA/DA trigger more than anything. I shot it more tonight after taking with another member about the short reset on them lem. I see how it workks and it's nice. But I want my usp to work like my 1911s so that all my pistols operate the same. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts