HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the majority of topics regarding the LEM trigger, however, I have yet to read how one manipulates the trigger when firing the pistol.

Here are my observations, and I do want to hear yours:

1st. I can not ride the trigger as I do with my 1911, if I do or if I try, I will at times fail to reset the trigger

2nd. When I do press the trigger, and follow the recoil pulse, I simply move my index finger a bit forward than where the reset is felt but with a bit more haste. The feeling I get is that it seems that I have lost contact with the trigger for a moment and that the trigger is catching up with the index finger.

3rd. When performing this, due to the slide not battering back as quickly as a 1911, this method actually does not hinder my speed or accuracy but lend to not missing the reset.

After trying different methods to find the efficient and reliable means of manipulating the trigger and shooting accurately and quickly, this is now my preferred method.

I am interested in hearing if others manipulate their LEM trigger in the same fashion and have the same results but if not, what method do they find that works for them.

Darren
Semper Fi
85-90

·
Registered
34 Posts
Daren I read and re-read your post and I am not 100% sure if I understand what you're doing to shortstroke the trigger. I shoot just over 1k rds per week out of my LEM USP so I'll try....

I manipulate the trigger just like any other semiauto; after the shot breaks, I work the reset the absolute minimum amount and being to prep for the next shot. I've done splits in the .16 range and have never shortstroked it.

In reading your #2, maybe your 1911s had a very firm reset (middle leaf of sear spring) that maybe has accustomed you to a firmer "pushback" from the trigger?

Do you switch back and forth between platforms a lot? Maybe just work with the HK for a bit and see if not switching between HK/1911 clears things up.

FY42385

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"Do you switch back and forth between platforms a lot? "
Nope, before my HK USP 45 STD was my standard but it was a variant 1. Now my primary is a 1911a1 post LEM trigger. I practice with both but will admit that I shoot my 1911a1 more so than the USP now. My USP is both my backup and home defense weapon.

"Maybe just work with the HK for a bit and see if not switching between HK/1911 clears things up."

Good suggestion and something that I have been doing via snap caps and range time for a while now. But first, a bit of history on my part. I have been shooting the USP since the late 90's but in variant 1. Just recently have I been working with the LEM. I know that to use the LEM trigger effectively is to retrain oneself since the trigger is very different than many triggers out there. But dang, if I must say that the recovery is a bit slow compared to my 1911. I just expect my USP to battery back quickly which I know from long experience is not the case. Also, I did not initially expect to work the trigger in both direction on the USP. Pressing the trigger is not the issue, it is resetting the trigger without short stroking it aka, rapid fire (drills) :). I just need to fine tune and adjust a bit more. The current technique seems to work for me now even though it goes against the grain.

Hard to explain clearly but I hope you understand my meaning.

Darren
Semper Fi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts