HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my USPc 9mm with LEM. It's a thing of beauty. I purchased the LEM since I was otherwise opting for a P229 DAK.

When you pull the trigger approx half-way, you hear/feel a click. If you release and pull again, the hammer "falls" when you pull the trigger the rest of the distance without the click. Is the click the cocking of the hammer?

I can't wait to take it to the range for some trigger time.

:20000000:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure, but it made me want to try my LEM to see. Mine makes a clicking sound at about 1/8 pull only if you try to dry fire it after it's been cleared and fired. If you rack the slide, the trigger doesn't make a sound at all.

The trigger pull should be much harder in the first state I described, but it's not a normal state for the gun. Once you've put a magazine in and chambered a round it won't do that.

The hammer really never "cocks", it's pulled back by the trigger (or the action from firing) and held in place by the trigger for followup shots.

Make sense?

·
Registered
13 Posts
So which pistol trigger do you like the most? The LEM or the DAK? For me I'm leaning towards the DAK, my two LEM pistols have different versions of the springs in them, neither are where I want them to be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I opted for a USPc LEM over the 229 DAK. I have a SA/DA 229 .357 and other Sigs, and I've shot a fair number of HK's. I wanted either a LEM or DAK trigger, and went for the USPc. I can't wait to put some rounds down range to try out my new gun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Take a hard look at the trigger reset point for the LEM and DAK.

I looked at the DAK and didn't like it at all. I had to almost completely release the trigger between shots in order to reset for a followup shot. DAK seemed to be more of a light/long DAO type pull for each shot.

The LEM has the light/long pull for the first shot and a short trigger reset for followup shots as if it were a SA. Completely releasing the trigger lowers the hammer down and the pistol is back to a light/long pull for the next shot.

IMHO, the LEM trigger is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts