HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've worked alot with my p2000 9mm TGS lem on trigger pull(squeeze, press) trying to improve accuracy by pulling the trigger straight through the "wall"(resistance) to no avail. Recently, I began shooting it like most people shoot their glocks; take up the slack, momentarily stopping at the wall to check sights, fire. Wow what an improvement! I also use more trigger finger and I modified my grip. At 35 ft, I can now blow out the 2" bull instead of producing a left side shotgun pattern.. My concern is I don't use the suggested Jeff Cooper surprise break technique. What say you all?

·
Registered
740 Posts
FWIW, when we were training new shooters on the SIG DAK trigger, my agency specifically taught the "set and press" method for "long-distance" shots which were typically at 20 yards or more. The concept is similar to what you are describing that you are doing. At the end of the day, if you are hitting what you aim at, do what works for you.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My concern is I don't use the suggested Jeff Cooper surprise break technique.
This should be a compliment, not a concern.

I also found that treaing LEM like a Glock-like striker with a long pretravel worked the best while shooting it like a DAO didn't work as well.

Reactions: Freak and gunrascal
1 - 5 of 5 Posts