HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions? The glock setup with the 3.5 connector has a very positive reset. How would you compare it to the LEM of HK?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did the LEM conversion on my USPc, and went to the range yesterday w/ a friend that has several glocks w/ under 5lb pulls. I like the LEM trigger SO much more. It feels cleaner, the break point is obvious, the reset is positive. I can't really say anything bad about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
id have to beg to differ. My lem reset on my p2000 is nowhere near as positive nor as short as my glocks. After firing my glocks, I'll notice double squeezing my LEM before reset and not firing on all my pulls after being used to such a short positive reset like the glocks. With time and practice, you get it down no problem, you can master it easy. Just compared to the glock trigger, its not even close. Imo

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
There are LEMs, and then there are LEMs...

I have fired over a half-dozen different LEM-equipped HKs; three USPc .45s, two USPc .40s, one USPf 9mm, and a P2000 9mm.

One of the USPc .45s is mine, and has half of the "spring mod"... I replaced the LEM firing pin block with the standard USP part. I did not change the trigger return spring.

This pistol definitely has a shorter reset than the others. I do not know if the lighter FPB spring is the reason; but the difference is there, and noticeable.

If Blackwater wasn't so damn proud of their training, I would have taken the armorer's course and have knowledge of how the system works inside. I haven't had the guts to break mine down all the way yet...;)

I also have a G19 with a 3.5lb connector. In anything but deliberate slow fire (target) shooting, I can tell no meaningful difference between the two. When trying shoot a deliberate small group, either unsupported or off the bags, the Glock trigger definitely breaks more lightly.

But in hammers, fast transitions, and other "tactical" shooting, they seem the same to me.

In the past, there have been quite a few forum arguments over this; some say they're radically different, others, like me, see many similarities. But when shooting at speed, the reset seems the same to me.

The only way to know for sure, for YOU, is to shoot them side by side. I suspect the HK mag release will draw more of your attention than any differences in trigger reset. As far as I'm concerned, the LEM is the way to go on an HK.

P.S.: I just remembered; one of the USPc .40s also has had the "half spring mod"; its owner procured the parts for us. My .45 definitely has a shorter reset. So I guess the springs have nothing to do with the difference.

·
Registered
231 Posts
LEM reset is also positive, but generally a little longer, especially if you have a Glock with a competition trigger job!
Hell, on the P2000 it's a LOT longer!

The reset on a P2000 does not come close to that of a Glock.

I love everything about my P2000 with the exception of the trigger.
I've had both the LEM and V3 and I don't consider either to be on par with even a standard Glock. Much less one with the 3.5 connector.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wouldn't compare the two at all. Glock and Walther (AS) resets are far cleaner than HK's. It's not a design flaw so much as it a product of the design so don't take it as an attack. 1911 resets, properly tuned, will obliterate anything. Sig took initiative and deserves credit for their Elite series. Now if only they would get the bore axis down...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wouldn't compare the two at all. Glock and Walther (AS) resets are far cleaner than HK's. It's not a design flaw so much as it a product of the design so don't take it as an attack. 1911 resets, properly tuned, will obliterate anything. Sig took initiative and deserves credit for their Elite series. Now if only they would get the bore axis down...
+ 1 Gato !

My 1911 pistols have the best reset around.
My Walther P99 AS is second and my Glocks are a close third.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I kept breaking my AS Walther so sacrificed reset for durability and moved to the 34 and 35. Same round count - no breaking. I still have an AS for nostalgic purposes and wish they had imported the damn Canadian model.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I kept breaking my AS Walther so sacrificed reset for durability and moved to the 34 and 35. Same round count - no breaking. I still have an AS for nostalgic purposes and wish they had imported the damn Canadian model.
Pardon the thread drift but what happened to the Walther?

·
Registered
16 Posts
At 15k the slide stop spring went. At 32k the slide stop spring went again and within another 100 the trigger spring went.

I use 10 rd magazines for training purposes so do the math on actuations. Still have 1 of the pair I purchased because I admire the design.

I think grit is easily trapped between the frame and the slide stop spring contributing to the failure. I don't clean very often. First P99 AS cleaning was at the 13k mark.

Search this forum back many moons and I did the same with USP's.

Before I get pounced on I treat my comp guns much differently than my carry guns. Within that sub group I take care of the guns I'm going to use in the match.

However my 9x23 1911 has proved to be virtually bullet proof. If only Glock would make a one in that caliber...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I tend to shoot quite a bit through my Glocks with my 34's getting most of the attention. They don't get cleaned as often as they should and they never miss a beat.
I've managed to pick up a few targets over the years and all I have to do is step out my back door. Life is good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hell, on the P2000 it's a LOT longer!

The reset on a P2000 does not come close to that of a Glock.

I love everything about my P2000 with the exception of the trigger.
I've had both the LEM and V3 and I don't consider either to be on par with even a standard Glock. Much less one with the 3.5 connector.
I changed my USP40c from V1 to LEM, then back to V1. The LEM is very similar to SA in V1, which I am used to carrying with a 1911. The LEM keeps the hammer spring under near full compression, much like SA, allowing the lighter pull, but it lets the hammer fall in a ready state like in DA on V1. I think the DA in V1 is just plain terrible, but I think the SA is better on my USP40c in V1 than LEM, so I switched back. My Glock 17 with 3.5# trigger has more consistent travel, shorter reset and is just better overall than DA/SA/LEM in the my USP40c.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts