HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
I am picking up a P2000 V2 LEM and I am interested in lightening the LEM. I saw a post on a guy who did the V2 to the"Todd Green Special". Is there a sticky, post, thread, video detailing this? I tried the search but ended up with 20+ pages. Thanks in advance for responding.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you're picking up a brand new V2 LEM then it comes with a heavy Trigger Rebound Spring and a heavy Firing Pin Block Spring.

To run you gun like Tom runs his P30/HK45 then you need to get a Light FPBS. That Part number is 209296.
If you want it even lighter (My preference) then also order the TRS which is part number 209266.

Just GIve HK-USA a call to order these. I think it's 5$ a spring plus shipping.

Here's the thread with instructions for swapping both springs.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?40627-P2000-SK-USPC-LEM-Trigger-Job-Part-1

·
Registered
729 Posts
The ToddG version has the standard V3 hammer/mainspring installed with the lighter FPBS

I believe the Hammer spring was changed around 9000 rounds because the LEM hammer spring was too strong (Maybe slightly out of spec) and would occasionally cause a FTF/FTE.

I don't know if his HK45 has the original LEM hammer spring or a Standard.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey,

I am the guy who posted that thread. The opening post has the exact part and numbers and even pictures that you need. To change the FBPS just follow the instruction in big bores sticky in the referances section of this forum. The hammr spring you change by simply taking off the back panel of the grip.

If you want VTGS, you do NOT change the trigger return spring. That would bring you down to V1

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered the springs to do mine yesterday. I actually called on Tuesday, but the guy I spoke with did not seem to want to sell me the 209296 spring for some reason. He said to check with hkparts.net (who do not even carry it). I called back yesterday and had no problems getting them ordered. I see from these two calls though why reports are so varied as to how good HK's customer service is, I think it depends on who answers the phone.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I believe the Hammer spring was changed around 9000 rounds because the LEM hammer spring was too strong (Maybe slightly out of spec) and would occasionally cause a FTF/FTE.

I don't know if his HK45 has the original LEM hammer spring or a Standard.
Correct. Based on my experience with that combo in the P30, I had my HK45 set up the same way: LEM trigger return spring, non-LEM firing pin block spring, non-LEM mainspring.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Correct. Based on my experience with that combo in the P30, I had my HK45 set up the same way: LEM trigger return spring, non-LEM firing pin block spring, non-LEM mainspring.
Todd, I'm in the process of converting my HK45s to the hybrid or quasi-Competition Combat LEM. I will have the Match Hammer Spring; Match (Nickel-coated) Flat Spring; P2000 Trigger Return Spring, Lightest FPB Spring. What is your take on this setup?

Wouldn't the P2K Trigger Return Spring give you a more 'positive' trigger return?

Is the non-LEM Firing Pin Blk spring stronger than the DA/SA triggered pistol Firing Pin Blk spring?

I "know" that the LEM uses heavier mainsprings so using the DA/SA mainspring should make for a better trigger than the LEM one. Going with the Match (supposedly lighter; didn't ask for the spring constant or "weight") should make it better still.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Todd, I'm in the process of converting my HK45s to the hybrid or quasi-Competition Combat LEM. I will have the Match Hammer Spring; Match (Nickel-coated) Flat Spring; P2000 Trigger Return Spring, Lightest FPB Spring. What is your take on this setup?
I've got the nickel sear in mine, as well. I always forget that. To be honest, I'm not sure it makes enough of a difference to be worth worrying about.

Wouldn't the P2K Trigger Return Spring give you a more 'positive' trigger return?
The LEM trigger return spring is universal across all LEM guns (USP/HK45 and P2K/P30) as I understand it. That is the spring I use, as it is the strongest return.

Is the non-LEM Firing Pin Blk spring stronger than the DA/SA triggered pistol Firing Pin Blk spring?
They're the same thing.

I "know" that the LEM uses heavier mainsprings so using the DA/SA mainspring should make for a better trigger than the LEM one. Going with the Match (supposedly lighter; didn't ask for the spring constant or "weight") should make it better still.
The standard (non-LEM, DA/SA) mainspring has proven itself reliable in both DA/SA and LEM guns. The "match" spring, which I'm not familiar with, may very well reduce the trigger pull but my gun's trigger pull but I'm not interested in compromising the reliability.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've got the nickel sear in mine, as well. I always forget that. To be honest, I'm not sure it makes enough of a difference to be worth worrying about.

The LEM trigger return spring is universal across all LEM guns (USP/HK45 and P2K/P30) as I understand it. That is the spring I use, as it is the strongest return.

The standard (non-LEM, DA/SA) mainspring has proven itself reliable in both DA/SA and LEM guns. The "match" spring, which I'm not familiar with, may very well reduce the trigger pull but my gun's trigger pull but I'm not interested in compromising the reliability.
Thanks for the replies, ToddG. I was told that the Match Hammer Spring would not compromise ignition of the primer and as I described the hardware in them they have a pull of 4.7 lbs. with 1.5 lbs for the pre-travel/free travel.

Thanks for everything!

P.S.

Sam informed me that there are two trigger return springs, iirc. I have a kit with the parts to make them all identical. I'll check them when I install the kit and let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts