HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to HK Pistols. Can anyone explain what is the LEM version of the P2000sk? Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
The LEM is a double-action-only trigger similar to the Glock Safe-Action trigger and the Sig DAK trigger. Instead of a double action / single action trigger, where the first pull is a heavy double action pull (12lbs?) and subsequent pulls are light single action (5lbs?), on the LEM every trigger pull is the same (7-8lbs).

The advantage is having only 1 type of trigger pull to practice. Some people find the transition from double action to single action difficult to aim, so the first shot (in double action) misses its mark.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
While the LEM is a consistent pull everytime like a Glock trigger this is where the similarities end for me. The LEM DAO pull makes it very hard for me to shoot well and I am much more comfortable with classic DA/SA. The only way I can fire LEM with any degree of accuracey is to slowly creep on the trigger until it reaches it's apex and fires. If I pull smoothly from front to rear my shots are usually low and always erratic. Also, if you release the trigger all the way forward you are actually going past the reset point and missing out on the quicker reset that the LEM allows. All of this requires alot more thought for me and just isn't as natural as a DA/SA trigger.

For HKs I favor DA/SA because I can deal with my first shots trigger pull being a little heavier if it means all my other shots will be short crisp SA which is a pleasure to shoot. Also my first decocked DA shots with my USP are much better then all the LEM DAO shots I make with the P2000. The Glock trigger feels more like a SA trigger to me because it is so light without alot of resistance to overcome from springs that are meant to keep the pistol "safe"...again unlike the LEM.

LEM is not for me, if you can, try it before you buy it. Go with what you like the best because a trigger that works good for you will directly translate into better shot placement.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
As much as I like the LEM I would recommend anyone else try one before they buy one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I really liked the idea of the LEM trigger when I first learned about it. Shooting it was a different story. For me, it took about 750 rounds before I got real good with it. If I had the chance to shoot the LEM before purchasing, I probably would have passed on it. Now that I'm used to that trigger system, I love it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The LEM is a double-action-only trigger similar to the Glock Safe-Action trigger and the Sig DAK trigger. Instead of a double action / single action trigger, where the first pull is a heavy double action pull (12lbs?) and subsequent pulls are light single action (5lbs?), on the LEM every trigger pull is the same (7-8lbs).

The advantage is having only 1 type of trigger pull to practice. Some people find the transition from double action to single action difficult to aim, so the first shot (in double action) misses its mark.

hope that helps.
I'm not an expert with HK's (and correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't understand the DA/SA statement you made. I thought that if the gun wasn't cocked, it would be a heavy DA trigger pull. But if the gun is cocked, it's a light SA trigger pull. I reckon that most people carry their DA/SA pistol cocked and locked, therefore it's a SA trigger pull on the first pull, and all subsequent trigger pulls.

As for the LEM, I would have described the trigger pull to be a light and long SA trigger pull on all shots. The trigger pull is long like the DA, and the trigger weight light like a SA.

I think what makes the LEM difficult for most is the longer trigger pull. The USP SA trigger pull is almost a push button. The LEM trigger has more room for errors because it has further distance to be pulled. That's why I think people have to practice more with LEM vs. SA.

The way I've summed up LEM vs DA/SA is this:

LEM
Long and light trigger pull (but you can learn the trigger reset for shorter)
No safety

DA/SA
Short trigger pull (when cocked)
Safety (but you don't have to use the safety when cocked)

Jake

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm not an expert with HK's (and correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't understand the DA/SA statement you made. I thought that if the gun wasn't cocked, it would be a heavy DA trigger pull. But if the gun is cocked, it's a light SA trigger pull. I reckon that most people carry their DA/SA pistol cocked and locked, therefore it's a SA trigger pull on the first pull, and all subsequent trigger pulls.
Actually that's what his point was. Some have the viewpoint that a pistol is safer when carried DA and therefore do not (or cannot per department policy) carry C&L. Anyone that uses the USP for IDPA SSP competition or IPSC production (that requires the first shot to be DA) can attest that it's awkward to transition from DA to SA (not impossible, just strange.)

It's only a guess, but I think HK probably developed the LEM to compete against the safe action trigger system that Glock has used (also price) to gain LE contracts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts